Please listen to this interview...

  • Omar Javaid
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 11, 2001
      http://www.prodos.net/realaudio/actofwar.ram

      It's so true. Don't forget history here. We are highest
      representatives of the last great, moral civilization left on earth.

      I hope all is safe and well...

      Best Regards,
      Omar
    • marxidad@marxidad.com
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 11, 2001
        --- In wtcattack@y..., "Omar Javaid" <omarj@y...> wrote:
        > http://www.prodos.net/realaudio/actofwar.ram
        >
        > It's so true. Don't forget history here. We are highest
        > representatives of the last great, moral civilization left on earth.

        So what does anyone here who listened to it think of what Leonard
        Peikoff proposed--that the USA should forget about looking for
        individuals and go after the supposed governments that allowed this
        to happen, namely Iran and Afghanistan?. I think that there's some
        merit to that. Even if those countries had nothing to do with it and
        that they really are sorry about the deaths and destruction. They
        still subscribe to the same ideology that led these people to do
        this. Why should we have any qualms about taking Afghanistan from the
        Taliban? They took the country over by brute force. At least the USA
        would make things better. They should have done something earlier.
        The whole free world should've done more than just publically frown
        upon it. It's not too late. Something that decisive should be done
        now, before the situation deteriorates even further. We have the
        power to do it for chrissakes.
      • Omar Javaid
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 11, 2001
          Whether they (Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya) had something to do
          with this specific event based on what we know beyond a
          shadow of a doubt right now is not the point. There is ample
          historical precedent for their prior involvement (Lockerbie, USS
          Cole, Embassy bombings, Al-Khobar towers). Why have we
          adopted this fucking "lawyer" mentality. We are dealing with
          brutes that aren't rational, don't believe in rights, and, as such
          shouldn't be given the benefit (=protection) of our way of life.

          http://www.aynrand.org/medialink/abettingfoes.shtml

          --- In wtcattack@y..., marxidad@m... wrote:
          > --- In wtcattack@y..., "Omar Javaid" <omarj@y...> wrote:
          > > http://www.prodos.net/realaudio/actofwar.ram
          > >
          > > It's so true. Don't forget history here. We are highest
          > > representatives of the last great, moral civilization left on
          earth.

          > So what does anyone here who listened to it think of what
          Leonard
          > Peikoff proposed--that the USA should forget about looking for
          > individuals and go after the supposed governments that
          allowed this
          > to happen, namely Iran and Afghanistan?. I think that there's
          some
          > merit to that. Even if those countries had nothing to do with it
          and
          > that they really are sorry about the deaths and destruction. They
          > still subscribe to the same ideology that led these people to do
          > this. Why should we have any qualms about taking Afghanistan
          from the
          > Taliban? They took the country over by brute force. At least the
          USA
          > would make things better. They should have done something
          earlier.
          > The whole free world should've done more than just publically
          frown
          > upon it. It's not too late. Something that decisive should be
          done
          > now, before the situation deteriorates even further. We have the
          > power to do it for chrissakes.
        • Miss Flora - Webservant
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 11, 2001
            Why have we adopted this fucking "lawyer" mentality.>>>>It's called CYA.
            It's supposed to be politically correct.

            We are dealing with brutes that aren't rational, don't believe in rights,
            and, as such shouldn't be given the benefit (=protection) of our way of
            life.>>>What can you expect? They aren't politically correct.

            I must say though that what you are syaing implies that you should treat
            them as they treated you. I am sorry but I don't believe that because 3
            leaders of a group of people go around raping the woman in a village that it
            gives the men of that village to go and rape the 3 leader's woman from their
            group.
            That's just stupid and doesn't get anywhere. Let the punishment fit the
            crime doesn't mean you lose your sense or run with the eye for an eye, tooth
            for a tooth mentality.
            It just keeps going and going then. It has to be put to an end and
            discipline meted(sp? it's 12:30 am over here scuse me) out. Yes, I believe
            in capital punishment if anyone wondered.

            God bless,
            Miss Flora

          • cool_guy@sexmagnet.com
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 12, 2001
              --- In wtcattack@y..., "Omar Javaid" <omarj@y...> wrote:
              > http://www.prodos.net/realaudio/actofwar.ram
              >
              > It's so true. Don't forget history here. We are highest
              > representatives of the last great, moral civilization left on earth.
              >
              > I hope all is safe and well...
              >
              > Best Regards,
              > Omar

              What does it say? I am not installing that privacy invading
              software, so please tell me.
            • cool_guy@sexmagnet.com
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 12, 2001
                --- In wtcattack@y..., marxidad@m... wrote:
                > --- In wtcattack@y..., "Omar Javaid" <omarj@y...> wrote:
                > > http://www.prodos.net/realaudio/actofwar.ram
                > >
                > > It's so true. Don't forget history here. We are highest
                > > representatives of the last great, moral civilization left on
                earth.

                > So what does anyone here who listened to it think of what Leonard
                > Peikoff proposed--that the USA should forget about looking for
                > individuals and go after the supposed governments that allowed this
                > to happen, namely Iran and Afghanistan?. I think that there's some
                > merit to that. Even if those countries had nothing to do with it
                and
                > that they really are sorry about the deaths and destruction. They
                > still subscribe to the same ideology that led these people to do
                > this. Why should we have any qualms about taking Afghanistan from
                the
                > Taliban? They took the country over by brute force. At least the
                USA
                > would make things better. They should have done something earlier.
                > The whole free world should've done more than just publically frown
                > upon it. It's not too late. Something that decisive should be done
                > now, before the situation deteriorates even further. We have the
                > power to do it for chrissakes.

                Coming from a country that was founded with an understanding of
                the importance of freedom of religion, you are saying we should
                attack other sovereign nations because the people in those nations
                prescribe to the same ideology as the alleged terrorists' leader?
                That is absolutely insane, and damn near Nazi-esque. This country's
                reaction to this trajedy does not at all surprise me, but it does
                indeed horrify me as much as the event itself.
                And you say the USA would make Afghanistan better, more
                silliness... possibly more USA-like, but I seriously doubt that it
                would be any better just because the USA was gracious enough to drop
                its' expensive bombs on that nation. Need I remind you the thirteen
                colonies were taken by brute force from Britain. Need I remind you
                that this is how all nations have been started, just as the current
                Afghanistan was. On your last point, I think we do have the power,
                but do we have the right? I don't think so. I think you want this
                wrong fixed now, and are willing to do whatever is necessary to fix
                it, but unfortunately, there is no fixing it. But I think you very
                well may have your way... for whatever good that does.
              • Miss Flora - Webservant
                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 12, 2001
                  > > It's so true. Don't forget history here. We are highest
                  > > representatives of the last great, moral civilization left on
                  earth.

                  > So what does anyone here who listened to it think of what Leonard
                  > Peikoff proposed--that the USA should forget about looking for
                  > individuals and go after the supposed governments that allowed this
                  > to happen, namely Iran and Afghanistan?. I think that there's some
                  > merit to that. Even if those countries had nothing to do with it
                  and
                  > that they really are sorry about the deaths and destruction. They
                  > still subscribe to the same ideology that led these people to do
                  > this. Why should we have any qualms about taking Afghanistan from
                  the
                  > Taliban? They took the country over by brute force. At least the
                  USA
                  > would make things better. They should have done something earlier.
                  > The whole free world should've done more than just publically frown
                  > upon it. It's not too late. Something that decisive should be done
                  > now, before the situation deteriorates even further. We have the
                  > power to do it for chrissakes.

                  Coming from a country that was founded with an understanding of
                  the importance of freedom of religion, you are saying we should
                  attack other sovereign nations because the people in those nations
                  prescribe to the same ideology as the alleged terrorists' leader?
                  That is absolutely insane, and damn near Nazi-esque. This country's
                  reaction to this trajedy does not at all surprise me, but it does
                  indeed horrify me as much as the event itself.
                  And you say the USA would make Afghanistan better, more
                  silliness... possibly more USA-like, but I seriously doubt that it
                  would be any better just because the USA was gracious enough to drop
                  its' expensive bombs on that nation. Need I remind you the thirteen
                  colonies were taken by brute force from Britain. Need I remind you
                  that this is how all nations have been started, just as the current
                  Afghanistan was. On your last point, I think we do have the power,
                  but do we have the right? I don't think so. I think you want this
                  wrong fixed now, and are willing to do whatever is necessary to fix
                  it, but unfortunately, there is no fixing it. But I think you very
                  well may have your way... for whatever good that does.>>>>>>>>>>>
                  I completely agree. Right on.

                  God bless,
                  MIss Flora
                  ><>
                • Julian Bond
                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 12, 2001
                    In article <9nmk2r+ak66@...>, marxidad@... writes
                    >So what does anyone here who listened to it think of what Leonard
                    >Peikoff proposed--that the USA should forget about looking for
                    >individuals and go after the supposed governments that allowed this
                    >to happen, namely Iran and Afghanistan?.

                    I suspect that creating an international climate where all countries
                    disown terrorists, and work to make their existence impossible, is the
                    stuff of pipe dreams. You'd better add a few more countries to your
                    list.

                    FWIW, Two press releases today, reported on BBC radio.
                    1) The Taliban offer to give up bin Laden, either to the USA or to a 3rd
                    party on condition that a)they get US armaments and b)the USA proves
                    some connection and guilt. (I'm paraphrasing)

                    2)bin Laden, via a Pakistani journalist who has interviewed him before,
                    that he had no involvement but that it was an act by the oppressed
                    against the oppressor.

                    --
                    Julian Bond email: julian_bond@...
                    CV/Resume: http://www.voidstar.com/cv/
                    Message 9 of 22 , Sep 12, 2001
                      > Coming from a country that was founded with an understanding of
                      > the importance of freedom of religion, you are saying we should
                      > attack other sovereign nations because the people in those nations
                      > prescribe to the same ideology as the alleged terrorists' leader?
                      > That is absolutely insane, and damn near Nazi-esque.

                      I'm not saying that those countries will have to be attacked. Surely,
                      some warfare is inevitable but efforts should be taken to spare
                      civilians. I'm not talking about Islam in general. Most Muslims I
                      know are anti-terrorist. But in the Middle East the ideology espoused
                      by prominent figures and masses is to do away with that which is not
                      Muslim, especially anything or anyone American. They don't believe in
                      freedom of religion. Even if it has to be forced on them, I believe
                      that there should be freedom of religion there, Islam or otherwise,
                      as well as freedom from religion.
                      I don't see what's so Nazi-esque about that except for the
                      Blitzkrieg-like approach. Blitzkrieg was intended to prevent war by
                      scaring others into submission. I don't mean for it to have any
                      negative connotations. But that's the plan, basically.

                      > And you say the USA would make Afghanistan better, more
                      > silliness... possibly more USA-like, but I seriously doubt that it
                      > would be any better just because the USA was gracious enough to
                      > drop its' expensive bombs on that nation.

                      Afghanistans would be excstatic to have their VCR's and TV's back,
                      and those who plan to steal them don't have to worry about getting
                      their hands cut off. Americanization surely doesn't make something
                      better, but the Taliban has stripped all culture from that country.
                      It can't really get any worse.
                      Again, bombing isn't really necessary except for military targets.
                      There are a lot of logistics to be worked out. I'm not denying that
                      nor am I venturing to go into that much detail.

                      > Need I remind you the thirteen
                      > colonies were taken by brute force from Britain. Need I remind you
                      > that this is how all nations have been started, just as the current
                      > Afghanistan was.

                      The colonies and most if not all those nations weren't really
                      bothering anyone so that can't be justified. Would yesterday have
                      happened if there was no strife in the Middle East? Maybe but highly
                      unlikely.

                      > On your last point, I think we do have the power,
                      > but do we have the right? I don't think so. I think you want this
                      > wrong fixed now, and are willing to do whatever is necessary to fix
                      > it, but unfortunately, there is no fixing it. But I think you very
                      > well may have your way... for whatever good that does.

                      I think that the combined powers of the free world can fix this if
                      they all work together. I don't expect anything to be fixed anytime
                      soon. This isn't my way. I'm just taking Leonard Peikoff's side for
                      argument's sake. As for what I really think, I believe that something
                      of that scale has to be done. Otherwise, this is going to go on and
                      on. How many deaths and how much destruction has to happen before we
                      say enough is enough? It's the 21st century and the time is ripe for
                      change. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
                    • Mark Cidade
                      Message 10 of 22 , Sep 12, 2001
                        > What does it say? I am not installing that privacy invading
                        > software, so please tell me.

                        Basically the same thing in the article at
                        http://peikoff.com/essays/terrorism.htm
                      • Miss Flora - Webservant
                        Message 11 of 22 , Sep 12, 2001
                          I have heard from some sites that we are at Defcom 1 and from some that it's
                          2. Are we and what level???
                          Dates and times don't help clarify either...

                          God bless,
                          Miss Flora
                          ><>
                        • Miss Flora - Webservant
                          Message 12 of 22 , Sep 12, 2001
                            Gas prices are rising rapidly here in WIs. as well. $3.50 to $4.00 can be
                            found right now but there is one set of gas stations, Kwik Trips that are
                            not allowed to raise their gas price until the tank empties and "new gas" is
                            refilled. Then the prices can be raised to whatever level.
                            We filled our tanks up.

                            God bless,
                            Miss Flora
                            ><>
                          • Miss Flora - Webservant
                            Message 13 of 22 , Sep 12, 2001
                              Mistyped Defcon and we're at 2 apparently. Sorry about that. Impossible to
                              be 1 but as far as the date set which is part of the protocol of 2 there's
                              no word on that evidently.

                              God bless,
                              Miss Flora
                              ><>
                            • Miss Flora - Webservant
                              Message 14 of 22 , Sep 12, 2001
                                Seen this yet?

                                http://a188.g.akamaitech.net/f/188/920/15m/www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/art
                                icles/A14023-2001Sep11.html

                                Colin Powell
                                "It's going to be a long-term conflict."

                                God bless,
                                MIss Flora
                                ><>
                                P.S. Thought this was interesting...didn't know had a ship by that name -
                                The Pentagon also asked a second aircraft carrier, the USS Enterprise, which
                                was moving through the Indian Ocean toward home, to halt and await orders
                                for a possible return to the Persian Gulf, a senior Pentagon official said.
                                "She is standing by," said one top official of the Enterprise, which was
                                recently replaced on patrol duty in the Persian Gulf by the carrier Carl
                                Vinson.

                              • Omar Javaid
                                Message 15 of 22 , Sep 12, 2001
                                  It may be difficult though a very strong response will go a long
                                  way here.

                                  So, the Taliban are offering up Bin Laden provided we give them
                                  proof? Just like Khaddaffi was willing to let us have the
                                  Lockerbie guys? They're full of shit. In fact, they are some of the
                                  biggest hypocrites on earth. Given how the like to portray
                                  themselves as such strict muslims, the fact that they've financed
                                  themselves through heroin trade, prostitution, accepting money
                                  for harboring other terrorists organizations, and other smuggling
                                  related activities suggests that they are simply immoral savages.

                                  Why should we provide "proof" to them? It's obvious...

                                  http://www.abcnews.com/sections/world/DailyNews/terrormain9
                                  80610.html

                                  We've known about him and others for some time. The Afghanis
                                  have officially sanctioned him and others. We've also told them
                                  they would be held responsible.

                                  --- In wtcattack@y..., Julian Bond <julian_bond@v...> wrote:
                                  > In article <9nmk2r+ak66@e...>, marxidad@m... writes
                                  > >So what does anyone here who listened to it think of what
                                  Leonard
                                  > >Peikoff proposed--that the USA should forget about looking
                                  for
                                  > >individuals and go after the supposed governments that
                                  allowed this
                                  > >to happen, namely Iran and Afghanistan?.
                                  >
                                  > I suspect that creating an international climate where all
                                  countries
                                  > disown terrorists, and work to make their existence
                                  impossible, is the
                                  > stuff of pipe dreams. You'd better add a few more countries to
                                  your
                                  > list.
                                  >
                                  > FWIW, Two press releases today, reported on BBC radio.
                                  > 1) The Taliban offer to give up bin Laden, either to the USA or to
                                  a 3rd
                                  > party on condition that a)they get US armaments and b)the
                                  USA proves
                                  > some connection and guilt. (I'm paraphrasing)
                                  >
                                  > 2)bin Laden, via a Pakistani journalist who has interviewed
                                  him before,
                                  > that he had no involvement but that it was an act by the
                                  oppressed
                                  > against the oppressor.
                                  >
                                  > --
                                  > Julian Bond email: julian_bond@v...
                                  > CV/Resume: http://www.voidstar.com/cv/
                                  > WebLog: http://www.voidstar.com/
                                  > HomeURL: http://www.shockwav.demon.co.uk/
                                  > M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173 T: +44 (0)192 0412 433
                                  > ICQ:33679568 tag:So many words, so little time
                                • Fredrik K.R. Norman
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Sep 12, 2001
                                    From: Miss Flora - Webservant <webservant@...>

                                    | I have heard from some sites that we are at Defcom 1 and from some
                                    | that it's 2. Are we and what level???

                                    I've heard that the U.S. is at "Threatcon (FPCON) Delta".

                                    More info here:

                                    http://www.brooks.af.mil/HSW/IG/THREATS.htm

                                    Best regards and condolances,

                                    Fredrik K.R. Norman
                                    calls: +47 918 66 567 + ICQ: 210506
                                    mails: fredrik@... + Web: http://www.fredriknorman.com/
                                    walks: http://www.walkforcapitalism.org Co-ordinator, European HQ
                                    lives: Korsvikkilen 67, 4638 Kristiansand Norway (Europe)
                                  • ma
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Sep 12, 2001
                                      So, to implement your ideas the USAF should bomb France, Israel and the
                                      Philippines.

                                      /ma

                                      > It may be difficult though a very strong response will go a long
                                      > way here.
                                      >
                                      > So, the Taliban are offering up Bin Laden provided we give them
                                      > proof? Just like Khaddaffi was willing to let us have the
                                      > Lockerbie guys? They're full of shit. In fact, they are some of the
                                      > biggest hypocrites on earth. Given how the like to portray
                                      > themselves as such strict muslims, the fact that they've financed
                                      > themselves through heroin trade, prostitution, accepting money
                                      > for harboring other terrorists organizations, and other smuggling
                                      > related activities suggests that they are simply immoral savages.
                                      >
                                      > Why should we provide "proof" to them? It's obvious...
                                      >
                                      > http://www.abcnews.com/sections/world/DailyNews/terrormain9
                                      > 80610.html...
                                    • Omar Javaid
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Sep 12, 2001
                                        France and Israel, certainly not.

                                        The Philippines, I'm not sure about.

                                        It's clear who the perpetrators are. They've escaped retribution
                                        for years (decades actually).

                                        --- In wtcattack@y..., "ma" <maarten.almquist@s...> wrote:
                                        > So, to implement your ideas the USAF should bomb France,
                                        Israel and the
                                        > Philippines.
                                        >
                                        > /ma

                                      • Miss Flora - Webservant
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Sep 12, 2001
                                          I've heard both. The government won't say either though honestly accept that
                                          they are at their highest level.... a little explanation from their moputh
                                          would be nice :^)

                                          Lord bless,
                                          Miss Flora

                                          Message 20 of 22 , Sep 12, 2001
                                            --- In wtcattack@y..., "ma" <maarten.almquist@s...> wrote:
                                            > So, to implement your ideas the USAF should bomb France, Israel and
                                            the
                                            > Philippines.

                                            Not to mention China, Russia and most of South (the rest of)
                                            America. BTW his description of the Taliban reminds me of only one
                                            other kind of person.... a Kennedy! ;-)

                                            > /ma

                                          • ma
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Sep 13, 2001