Enhancement request - Optional TX Power in logging form

  • g4wjs
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 20 3:23 PM
      Hi,

      Given that transmit power is a fairly important parameter in weak signal modes, I for one like to record the TX power used for each WS QSO in my log. Since we now have JT-Alert-X in the public domain, it would be really nice to have a field on the WSJT-X logging form for TX power (->ADIF TX_PWR in underlying log) that could be picked up by logging bridges. The field could be optional and a default value (maybe even CAT lookup in the future on radios that support it) might be handy.

      73
      Bill.
    • Larry Bryan
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 20 5:57 PM
        I would also like to have the power included on the log as I do with JT65, however I would like to see it work like JT-Alert with JT65-HF. By that I mean you enter the power output and it remains the same until you change it. It doesn't need to be and option as those who don't want to use it, just leave the window blank.

        --
        Larry
        W8LIG
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 20 6:57 PM
          Hi Larry,

          this groups interface is a pain - so easy to send to the wrong address(es) - sorry for any duplicates :(

          --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Larry Bryan <larry@...> wrote:

          > I would also like to have the power included on the log as I do with JT65,
          > however I would like to see it work like JT-Alert with JT65-HF. By that I
          > mean you enter the power output and it remains the same until you change
          > it. It doesn't need to be and option as those who don't want to use it,
          > just leave the window blank.

          I didn't mean optional in that way, I meant that if the proposed field in the logging form were left blank then the TX_PWR ADIF field would be left out of the log file entry. That way the target logging program could default the value if required.

          > --
          > Larry
          > W8LIG

          73
          Bill.
        • g4ilo
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 21 9:26 AM
            Yes, that would be the best option for me, too. I tend to change the power all the time depending on how far away the station I am trying to work is and how well I am receiving them. A fixed parameter would be like a stopped clock - right only occasionally.

            Julian, G4ILO