04/03/2004 Random Hour Summary

  • Bruce Brackin
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2004
      Got waylaided at work Friday and again Saturday and missed getting this
      out and also missed 4/10 RH - oh well, duty called. TNX for the reports.
      ---------------------------------

      First SWL report from Terry, KC3AK in FM19. Terry hopes to join in on 6
      and 2m. One W/K correction. I listed Grant, W7GTM as K7 - Thanks Walt
      for catching that. I've had several mixed comments on the current modes
      used for RH (B for 2m and C for 6m) Most comment that "C" is working
      great and some report the rocks they are getting have been too short and
      having trouble getting long enough pings on 6m/FSK441C combination.
      Completions and heard reports seem to indicate "C" is working FB. With
      random rocks slowly but surely picking up for summer, hopefully that
      will change. Running FSK441B on 6m may be something to discuss and
      consider, particularly when we enter the "downside" again. Send thought
      and suggestions to list or to WA5UFH, WA3LTB or me. Also several
      comments about some on wrong stated mode and RH messages not set up right.

      04/03/2004 RH Summary
      ------------------
      Reporting
      Station 2m
      W5SNX - heard nil
      WA5UFH - one ping each from WB2FKO, KM5PO, KC5OAO, AF4O and K8MD,
      tried WB2FKO and K8MD but no joy
      KM5PO - Called CQ NW whole hour - heard 2 weak pings
      WB2FKO - Pings from KM5PO, WA5UFH and KC5OAO - Mike says he agrees
      rocks picking up a little
      K5CZD - Heard W5SNX, AF4O and KC5OAO
      N5SIX/4 - Heard and tried WA3LTB WA5UFH and KC5OAO, also heard AF4O
      and KG4OLG local/tropo - better loops on the way!

      Reporting
      Station 6m
      W5UWB - listened in and heard N5SIX/4, WA5UFH, KC5OAO and W5SNX
      K8MD - Worked K1JT and KC5OAO
      K1JT - Worked K8MD and AA9MY, tried answering K9SQL, N8CJK, W5SNX
      and KB9ZTF - 3 on line at once
      KC3AK - Heard W5SNX - problems with swr on 2m
      W5SNX - Tried KC5OAO, heard K8MD, WA5UFH and W9SE
      WA5UFH - Worked AA9MY, N5SIX/4 and tried K8MD and W5SNX, heard KC5OAO,
      K9SQL, N0PB and W5KI call by itself
      KM5PO - Cq'ed NW and heard W5SNX, KC5OAO, N5SIX/4 WA5UFH, K8MD and N0PB
      K5CZD - Heard K8MD
      AJ6T - Tried KE7NR, and heard KI7JA in Q with KU7Z
      N5SIX/4 - from EM45, worked KC5OAO and WA5UFH, tried K1JT and K8MD and
      heard W5SNX

      CU all next go round - Bruce, N5SIX