Re: [wsjtgroup] Digest Number 377

  • Clair Dunn
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5 3:04 AM
      Hi --
      Just a comment from a newbie -- I read somewhere among all the pages
      I've collected on WSJT and MS that someone -- and I wish I remembered
      who! -- that it would be a good idea to add our call suffixes to the
      short messages, BUT the author also noted that unless they were added
      BEFORE the short msg, they would be lopped off. I have know way of
      knowing if this is true or not.

      Anyway, it seemed a very good idea to me, and I have done that in my
      standard message form-- thus:

      CQD R27
      CQD RRR
      CQD 73

      I love this mode! Thanks everyone for welcoming me.

      73,
      Clair, W1CQD

      > It would appear to me that NA stations at some point will have to move away
      > from ST/SH messages as the (default) messages 3,4 & 5 do not have any
      > indication as to their origin or destination. Once you guys finally get
      > the activity going which you would like, you will get very confusing
      > situations on a calling frequency.... Where did the RRR come from (or who
      > is it for)? What if 2 (or more) QSO's are at a similar stage on the same
      > frequency (happens a lot over here). How reliable do you want the info
      > received to be? Some may use DF but doppler can wreak havoc there.

      > 73
      > Catharinus PE1AHX JO21os (also N4QXT)
    • Bruce Brackin
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5 5:15 AM
        GM Clair - we add call or call suffix to the normal ST/Sh messages for
        Randon Hour, Sprints and other activities where everyone is on call
        freqs so we can tell who's sending what. One or two earlier versions on
        WSJT would not default to multitone if if the call/suffix was added
        after the R26/27, RRR or 73 and was sending ST/Sh. Current version
        (4.6.1) is FB if it is added before or after - any message in message
        boxes 3,4,and 5 will now default to MT's if longer than the standard 3
        characters even if Sh box is checked. Of course you can also uncheck
        the Sh box to be sure!

        Bruce, N5SIX