Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

WSJT-X v0.9 r3151 / WSJT 9.3 Question(s)

Expand Messages
  • ki7mt
    Hi Joe, All, First off, all I can say is WOW, you guys have been busy on the development front. I ve not made a large number of Q s with the latest version
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 11, 2013
      Hi Joe, All,

      First off, all I can say is WOW, you guys have been busy on the development front. I've not made a large number of Q's with the latest version (v0.9 r3151), as I've been playing with the new features / functions, but from my perspective, the usability factor has gone up an order of magnitude higher.

      I'm still sending out bad spots when I forget to use the GUI band selector and manually select a band with the rig ( did it again this evening, 20m QSO's spotted on 30m, sri about that ) but overall I think things are much better. I've even gotten used to the grey line separator and the decode order, mainly because of the QSO decode box, very nice addition.

      As for the question(s), I was wondering if there is a roadmap to add these new features to WSJT? In particular, the dual decode display, message generation tabs, color coding and variable decoding ranges?

      Are there and plans to merge the two applications? I've already been bugging Laurie about JT-Alerts and if he has any plans to support WSJT (JT65, etc etc), but I suspect he's got his hands full coding JT-Alerts-X for JT9 at the moment.

      I'm seeing allot of calls that I normally see on JT65 using WSJT-X (I'd Imagine Hamspots could provide some usage data), mainly on higher HF bands, but the mode seems to be picking up momentum, which I hope it continues :-)

      In any case, well done, and thanks for all the efforts being expended. I think this mode has the potential to surpass many of the previous LP / Weak Signal digital modes we all enjoy today.

      73's Greg, KI7MT
    • Joe Taylor
      ... Present plans call for future development in the WSJT-X branch, with the other popular WSJT modes being added one at a time. -- Joe, K1JT
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 11, 2013
        KI7MT wrote:

        > As for the question(s), I was wondering if there is a roadmap to add these new features to WSJT? In particular, the dual decode display, message generation tabs, color coding and variable decoding ranges?
        >
        > Are there and plans to merge the two applications?

        Present plans call for future development in the WSJT-X branch, with the
        other popular WSJT modes being added one at a time.

        -- Joe, K1JT
      • Gary
        Joe, Thank you very much for the development of WSJT-X and the current V0.9 r3158. I ve been away from radio for about 3 weeks due to other commitments and
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 13, 2013
          Joe,

          Thank you very much for the development of WSJT-X and the current V0.9 r3158. I've been away from radio for about 3 weeks due to other commitments and it's fantastic to see the new functions in the program. I'm very active on JT65A and I've made a number of JT9-1 contact too using the earlier version of the WSJT-X software.

          I've only just discovered V0.9 but I've made my first contact and I'm finding my way around. Cat control works well with my FT-817 and the logging is good into HRD via adi import.

          One function I miss at the moment is an alert 'ding' when I'm called. The red highlight in the Band Activity windows works well, but I need that audio alert for when I'm 'head down' on the keyboard - it might be there but maybe I haven'y found it yet.

          Working another station now - great :-)

          73
          Gary
          G0DNI
          Shrewsbury UK
        • g4ilo
          I need that function, too, which is why I m waiting impatiently for JT-Alert for WSJT-X. Julian, G4ILO
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 13, 2013
            I need that function, too, which is why I'm waiting impatiently for JT-Alert for WSJT-X.

            Julian, G4ILO

            --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Gary" <g0dni@...> wrote:
            >
            > One function I miss at the moment is an alert 'ding' when I'm called. The red highlight in the Band Activity windows works well, but I need that audio alert for when I'm 'head down' on the keyboard - it might be there but maybe I haven'y found it yet.
            >
          • Joe Subich, W4TV
            In general it s working quite well ... a few rough spots for Laurie to smooth out yet ... but a nice addition to WSJT-X (and will be nicer yet when Joe adds
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 13, 2013
              In general it's working quite well ... a few rough spots for Laurie
              to smooth out yet ... but a nice addition to WSJT-X (and will be nicer
              yet when Joe adds JT65 support to WSJT-X <G>).

              73,

              ... Joe, W4TV


              On 4/13/2013 12:09 PM, g4ilo wrote:
              > I need that function, too, which is why I'm waiting impatiently for JT-Alert for WSJT-X.
              >
              > Julian, G4ILO
              >
              > --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Gary" <g0dni@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> One function I miss at the moment is an alert 'ding' when I'm called. The red highlight in the Band Activity windows works well, but I need that audio alert for when I'm 'head down' on the keyboard - it might be there but maybe I haven'y found it yet.
              >>
              >
              >
              >
              >
              > ------------------------------------
              >
              > To unsubscribe, send an email to:
              > wsjtgroup-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
              >
              > WSJTGroup HomePage http://www.meteorscatter.org/
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links
              >
              >
              >
              >
            Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.