50MHz Sprint (Activity Period) Mar 31 0100 - 0500UTC , 3/30/2004, 7:00 pm

  • wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 30 1:57 PM
      Reminder Reminder from the Calendar of wsjtgroup
      50MHz Sprint (Activity Period) Mar 31 0100 - 0500UTC

      Tuesday March 30, 2004
      7:00 pm - 11:00 pm
      This event repeats on the last Tuesday of every month, until Thursday April 1, 2004.

      Event Location: http://www.qsl.net/wa5ufh/WSJTGROUP/WSJTGROUP.htm
      Notes:
      Fall/Winter Sprints 2003/04
      Tuesday Nights Local / UTC Wednesdays
      All Contacts to be "Random"
      Six Meters Use FSK441 A
      Random Contacts count towards the Random QSO Award
      March 31 ....... Six Meters ...... 01:00 - 05:00 UTC
      Six Mtr Call Freq. 50.260 Use Up|Dn Procedures OR Direct
      Report / log info to Bruce N5SIX
      Info:http://www.qsl.net/wa5ufh/WSJTGROUP/WSJTGROUP.htm

      Yahoo! Greetings
      Send a Yahoo! Greeting.
      Birthday Reminders
      Set up birthday reminders!

      Privacy Policy - Terms of Service
    • Bob Poortinga
      Message 2 of 6 , May 10, 2004
        I am wanting to do WSJT on 2m and am looking at some power amplifiers.
        Right now, I'm considering the TE Systems 1409. It is offered in
        several flavors, the plain 1409, the 1409G (pre-amp option) and the
        1409R. I'm having a hard time finding product descriptions for these
        items. Does anyone have experience with these amps or any idea what
        the difference between the 1409 and the 1409G. Is the 1409 an "FM" only
        amp and the 1409G all-mode?

        73 de
        --
        Bob Poortinga K9SQL
        Bloomington, Indiana US
        Message 3 of 6 , May 10, 2004
          I have a 1412g which is the 160 watts out for 30 in model with a preamp. The
          'g' in the model number is the preamp designation. An 'r' in the model number
          is the same amp without a t/r relay designed for continous duty repeater
          service. For 99% of ham radio operators the 'g' model is the right choice.

          I am not familiar with the 1409, what are the power specs on the model?

          73, Jon
          W0AMT
          > I am wanting to do WSJT on 2m and am looking at some power amplifiers.
          > Right now, I'm considering the TE Systems 1409. It is offered in
          > several flavors, the plain 1409, the 1409G (pre-amp option) and the
          > 1409R. I'm having a hard time finding product descriptions for these
          > items. Does anyone have experience with these amps or any idea what
          > the difference between the 1409 and the 1409G. Is the 1409 an "FM" only
          > amp and the 1409G all-mode?
          >
          > 73 de
          > --
          > Bob Poortinga K9SQL
          > Bloomington, Indiana US

        • Bob Poortinga
          Message 4 of 6 , May 10, 2004
            "Jon W0AMT" <w0amt@...> writes:

            > I am not familiar with the 1409, what are the power specs on the model?

            The 1409 is 2w in / 150w out. My transceiver for 2m is Yaesu FT-817 QRP
            rig. I hope to use this setup for field day. I guess the 'R' designator
            means repeater (as in 100% duty cycle).

            --
            Bob Poortinga K9SQL
            Bloomington, Indiana US
            Message 5 of 6 , May 10, 2004
              Bob,
                         Tried to email you directly....please email me at w3eme@... ; I have a 10 / 160 amp for sale at a great price if your interested...

              Sorry to take the space....

                               brian w3eme

              Message 6 of 6 , May 10, 2004
                Well that shoud be good choice. You will want to use a something like a 80 or
                100 mm box fan to cool the amp when you are running wsjt or any other high duty
                cycle mode. Just attach some stick-on rubber bumpers and let sit right on top
                of the amp. The amp will get pretty warm if you don't provide external cooling.

                73, Jon
                W0AMT