Re: [wsjtgroup] [WSJT-X] Questions

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8 4:05 PM
      Hi Rick,

      W3BI wrote:
      > I can't seem to make CAT work with the program though. Radio is a
      > TS590s which works with other programs like JT65-HF, Fldigi etc.
      > Anyone else out there in radioland using a 590 and CAT works FB?

      Others have reported functional CAT control with the TS-590. I don't
      recall what any special settings may have been required.

      > I have "Prompt me to save log" tic'd but I don't see/hear any
      > reminder. At age 75 I need something like that! Good idea, it
      > just isn't working here.

      With that option ticked, you should be prompted to log the QSO when you
      transmit either a "73" message or a free-text message.

      -- 73, Joe, K1JT
    • g4ilo
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 9 1:41 AM
        Apologies if you already realize this, but CAT control only works from the program to the radio. The program won't reflect changes made using the VFO.

        Julian, G4ILO

        --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "w3bi2" <w3bi.rick@...> wrote:

        > Program all set up and running with 23 QSO's so far.
        >
        > I can't seem to make CAT work with the program though. Radio is a TS590s which works with other programs like JT65-HF, Fldigi etc. Anyone else out there in radioland using a 590 and CAT works FB?

      • Brian D
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 9 4:29 AM
          "g4ilo" <julian.g4ilo@...> wrote:

          > Apologies if you already realize this, but CAT control only works from the
          > program to the radio. The program won't reflect changes made using the
          > VFO.

          Is this true for all radios? I have just set up cat control with my flex1500
          and it seems to only work in that direction (via DDUtils) which is the
          opposite to what I see with JT65-HF via commander. I set up the cat control
          after sending eqsls for the wrong band, which is now less likely with it
          working one way, but I am still likely to make more mistakes than if control
          was in both directions.

          I'm also wondering what radio to put in the cat setup as PowerSDR or Flex
          aren't mentioned. I've selected a Kenwood, I'm not sure which as i'm now
          using a different computer.

          --
          Brian D
          G3VGZ
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 9 4:47 AM
            The rig control in WSJT-X is hamlib. K1JT confirmed that rig control is only one way at the present time. To set the frequency from the program requires just one message pwer band change. To track frquency changes made with the VFO the program would have to poll the rig at frequent intervals which is a bit more complex to implement.

            Julian, G4ILO
            G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com
            http://about.me/julian.moss