Re: [wsjtgroup] "Shadow" traces in WSPR-X

  • Laurie, VK3AMA
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2013
      Julian,

      I have seen this many times, usually with the closer (and stronger) VKs.
      One Station in particular results in 8 decodes even when I have the yagi
      pointed away from him.
      I have coded JT-Alert-X to only alert on the primary signal and send the
      highest dB report to HamSpots ignoring the lower level images.

      de Laurie VK3AMA

      On 5/04/2013 8:45 PM, g4ilo wrote:
      > I have noticed that whenever I receive a very strong signal, stronger than +0dB, it is usually accompanied by weaker shadow traces exactly plus or minus 100Hz. These traces are fully decodable. Sometimes I have seen weaker traces +/-200Hz as well.
      >
      > For example I am seeing a station now that is +16dB. There are traces 100Hz above and below the bright trace that are -21dB and -24dB.
      >
      > Do others see this or is it a problem at my end? Rig is a K3 and I am using the on-board Realtek sound card.
      >
      > Julian, G4ILO

    • John Hart
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2013
        Hi Laurie,

            Is JT-Alert-X available to the masses yet, or are you still in development?

            John  NA2NY