Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJT-X Transmit Audio Issue

  • Larry Mundinger
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2013
      On 04/01/2013 10:18 PM, k8dio1 wrote:
      > I just loaded WSJT-X R3113 on my Dell Optiplex 755. When in transmit, the tone is broken up.
      I just loaded WSJTX onto my old Toshiba laptop and found that the output
      audio had dropouts. This persisted after I ran an optimization program
      to reduce load on the CPU. Finally I switched to a little USB sound
      card (Syba SD-CM-UAUD USB Stereo Audio Adapter) and the problem was gone
      and I worked a couple of stations last night.

      I use a homebrew interface. The people using the SignaLink USB probably
      don't encounter this problem. Perhaps the Toshiba onboard sound is like
      the old Winmodem that depended on the CPU for most of the work. In any
      case, the USB sound cards are available on Amazon for less than $10 so
      you might try that.

      Larry, KG4Q
    • g4ilo
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2013
        Lloyd, K8DIO posted a solution he found but it never appeared in the group, so he sent it to me as a contributor to the thread.

        The solution was to select DirectX for the audio output setting.

        I sent it to a friend who had been having stuttering audio and it solved the problem.

        Julian, G4ILO