Re: WSJT-X Transmit Audio Issue

  • g4ilo
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2013
      Sounds like buffer underruns to me. It sounds like the same problem as Tim G4VXE mentioned to me. I don't think he found a fix for it.

      Is there stuff running in the background that could be hogging the CPU and preventing WSJT-X from keeping the soundcard supplied with data?

      If you are using a USB soundcard are there other USB devices that are busy?

      Julian, G4ILO

      --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "k8dio1" <lloydk8dio@...> wrote:

      > I just loaded WSJT-X R3113 on my Dell Optiplex 755. When in transmit, the tone is broken up. It almost sounds like a CW signal! The audio is fine when I use JT65-HF or WSJT JT65. So, the audio chain seems to be okay. Any ideas would be appreciated.
      >
      > Lloyd K8DIO

    • Larry Mundinger
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2013
        On 04/01/2013 10:18 PM, k8dio1 wrote:
        > I just loaded WSJT-X R3113 on my Dell Optiplex 755. When in transmit, the tone is broken up.
        I just loaded WSJTX onto my old Toshiba laptop and found that the output
        audio had dropouts. This persisted after I ran an optimization program
        to reduce load on the CPU. Finally I switched to a little USB sound
        card (Syba SD-CM-UAUD USB Stereo Audio Adapter) and the problem was gone
        and I worked a couple of stations last night.

        I use a homebrew interface. The people using the SignaLink USB probably
        don't encounter this problem. Perhaps the Toshiba onboard sound is like
        the old Winmodem that depended on the CPU for most of the work. In any
        case, the USB sound cards are available on Amazon for less than $10 so
        you might try that.

        Larry, KG4Q
      • g4ilo
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2013
          Lloyd, K8DIO posted a solution he found but it never appeared in the group, so he sent it to me as a contributor to the thread.

          The solution was to select DirectX for the audio output setting.

          I sent it to a friend who had been having stuttering audio and it solved the problem.

          Julian, G4ILO