Re: [wsjtgroup] IC-703 and CAT control

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2013
      ON2AD wrote:

      > Is it possibole to have CAT control for the IC-703 (ICOM) please.
      > At the moment I work with my IC-703 and the micro KEYER II without CAT control.

      CAT control in WSJT-X supports all radios supported by "hamlib". The
      version of "hamlib" presently distributed with WSJT-X does not yet have
      the IC-703; I expect that such support will be available soon, however.

      -- 73, Joe, K1JT
    • Joe Subich, W4TV
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2013
        Pat,

        Hold the [LOCK] button while turning on the 703 to enter "Initial
        Set Mode". While in "Initial Set Mode" select menu #40 CI-V
        Address and set it to 58h (instead of 68h which is the default).
        While you are in "Initial Set Mode" set menu #41 CI-V Baud to
        9600 or 19200 instead of "Auto". Cycle power to save that value.

        Now, configure both microHAM Router and WSJTx to use the IC-706mkIIg
        at 9600 (or 19200 depending on how you set menu #41) instead of the
        IC-703. You will have CAT control from WSJTx (and any other logging
        program that supports the IC-706mkIIg).

        73,

        ... Joe, W4TV