IC-703 and CAT control

  • ON2AD
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2013
      Hello Joe,

      Is it possibole to have CAT control for the IC-703 (ICOM) please.
      At the moment I work with my IC-703 and the micro KEYER II without CAT control.

      Hope you will build it in.

      Thanks in advance.

      73 de Pat ON2AD
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2013
        ON2AD wrote:

        > Is it possibole to have CAT control for the IC-703 (ICOM) please.
        > At the moment I work with my IC-703 and the micro KEYER II without CAT control.

        CAT control in WSJT-X supports all radios supported by "hamlib". The
        version of "hamlib" presently distributed with WSJT-X does not yet have
        the IC-703; I expect that such support will be available soon, however.

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT
      • Joe Subich, W4TV
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2013
          Pat,

          Hold the [LOCK] button while turning on the 703 to enter "Initial
          Set Mode". While in "Initial Set Mode" select menu #40 CI-V
          Address and set it to 58h (instead of 68h which is the default).
          While you are in "Initial Set Mode" set menu #41 CI-V Baud to
          9600 or 19200 instead of "Auto". Cycle power to save that value.

          Now, configure both microHAM Router and WSJTx to use the IC-706mkIIg
          at 9600 (or 19200 depending on how you set menu #41) instead of the
          IC-703. You will have CAT control from WSJTx (and any other logging
          program that supports the IC-706mkIIg).

          73,

          ... Joe, W4TV