RE: JT9 WSJT-X v0.8, r3113

  • Bruce Junkin
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28 6:21 PM
      Hi All,

      Well, I just completed my first JT9 QSO on 15M with JA5BDZ, running about 10~15 watts on a multi-band Vertical.  So, I guess everything is working.  However, listening to my transmitted tones on a second radio with no antenna, I noticed that the CW ID was chopping off about midway through at times.

      Sometimes the CW ID would send the entire call sign, other times, it would send KI”M” instead of KI7, or KI7W, or KI7J, other times, there was no CW ID sent at all (I had the cw id set for 2 minutes).  Only about 30 percent of the time would the entire callsign be sent.  Anyone else noticing this?  I am running a Yaesu FT-920, SignaLink USB external sound card, and a Windows “Vista” computer (it’s all I have right now).  The vox mode works well now, by the way.  However, I am concerned about the CW ID sending only a partial callsign, or someone else’s call.

      Bruce, KI7JA