WSJT-X v0.7 r3071

    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 22, 2013
      To: Users and potential users of WSJT-X
      From: Joe Taylor, K1JT

      I invite you to try the latest release of the rapidly evolving program
      WSJT-X -- currently at version 0.7, revision 3071 in the SVN repository.

      Go to the web page http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjt.html
      and click on the WSJT-X link to download the installation file. Be sure
      to read the WSJT-X User's Guide,
      http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT-X_Users_Guide.pdf ,
      and also the ChangeLog at
      http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx_changelog.txt .

      Changes since the previous release include:

      1. Correct a bug that (still) allowed display of previous decodes
      when nothing new was decoded.

      2. Add a user confirmation screen activated when you click Log QSO.
      This lets you edit or add information before it is written to the
      ADIF file.

      3. Tx message macros and now available. Configure them on the Setup
      window. They are invoked as a pop-up menu by right-clicking on the
      Tx5 message window; then select the desired message by left-clicking
      on the desired message.

      Please remember that WSJT-X is in an active stage of development.
      There will be frequent updates with new features and bug fixes.
      User input is greatly appreciated!

      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
        To: Users and potential users of WSJT-X
        From: Joe Taylor, K1JT

        Edson Pereira, PY2SDR, recently became an active contributor to
        developing WSJT-X, WSPR-X, and related projects. Edson and I have been
        very busy over the past few days, and WSJT-X v0.8 r3112 is now available
        for free download. It has many changes and new features.
        For details, go to the web page
        http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjt.html and click on a link
        to the WSJT-X ChangeLog.

        Among the new features:

        - CAT Control of your radio
        - CW ID
        - New user options for logging, etc.
        - Display of Azimuth and Distance
        - Runs under Linux as well as Windows

        Special request: If you know someone who might be interested in
        contributing to the development of WSJT-X and related projects, please
        send him/her our way! We're especially looking for someone interested
        in producing packaged Linux distributions -- for example, *.deb or
        *.rpm packages -- but other programming help is also welcome.

        And, of course, please continue reporting bugs and sending your feature
        requests!

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT (for the WSJT development team).
      • Ed
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013

          Installed v. 0.8 r3112  and tried to use on JT9 this afternoon.    Receives and decodes just fine.   Does not transmit!

          I am using Windows 7 computer and a SignaLink USB interface.   This setup works just fine with JT65HF.  I set up WSJT-X  just the same….same USB  audio codecs,  same PTT with VOX as my JT65HF….   I am NOT using CAT control of radio at present…just VOX PTT control from the SignaLink.

          When I click the Enable Tx button it turns red but the Signalink apparently never gets TX audio to activate the PTT.

          Any ideas?   I can’t seem to find any help for this issue in the OnLine help file.

          Ed   K7AAT

        • Bill Duffy
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
            If you have an ICOM rig, I suggest checking that it is in the Digital Mode.
            That's caught me more than once!
            73
            Bill
            KA0VXK

            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013

              Thanks, Bill,  but I am not using the Icom’s digital port,  I’m using the aux jack,  and I’m just using the SignaLink audio interface device with its associated VOX PTT output.  The thing is it works fine with JT65HF but won’t transmit with the new version WSJT-X program .  Other than the two programs,  everything else is the same … cabling,  interface,  radio settings…etc.

              However,  just now I was fiddling with a way around the problem and I have made the WSJT-X program work by using the new CAT control features in it.  This keeps me on the air with JT9 but I’d rather keep my interface operation, including the PTT function,  the same as I am using with JT65HF so I still need to figure out what the problem is…. or if the new version of WSJT-X has a VOX PTT problem????

              Tnx. Agn.

              Ed   K7AAT

              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
                Installed new version. Set CAT for Kenwood TS-480HX  COM10, 38400, 8,none,1. Also checked box to ID after 73. I monitored COM10 and there is no activity between this program and the COM port. I'm using Virtual Serial Ports Emulator and running DXCommander on same port. Also after my first contact with this version I sent 73 message and there was no CW ID even though the box is checked.

                Windows7 Pro 32 bit. Also I installed over last version, I did not remove the previous version as it was not stated to do that. I'm not sure exactly what the CAT control is supposed to do when/if it does work. Should it change the dial readout? How am I supposed to control the Kenwood? These are not documented.

                Larry
                W8LIG

                To: Users and potential users of WSJT-X
                From: Joe Taylor, K1JT

                --
                Larry
                W8LIG/NNN0VBG
                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013

                  Really appreciate the new additional features!

                  Logging is good… I haven’t tried it yet but will soon.  It’s a feature I definitely will want to use once I get going more with WSJT-X modes.

                  CAT control is a big plus I think.  Per my recent post here CAT control is enabling me to bypass my VOX keying problem for the time being.

                  Do you now have a VOX PTT problem with WSJT-X?   Or is it me?   ( See my recent post on that, Joe. )

                  Question:  What can one do with the Tx Macros in the Setup menu?   After entering one,  I don’t see how to make it usable on the main window……

                  Ed   K7AAT

                  Message 8 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
                    The CW ID is working, I must have missed it on the first contact. The CAT control is not working per my previous post.

                    --
                    Larry
                    W8LIG
                    Message 9 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013

                        CAT is not working here either.  Rig is TS-690 on Win7 32-bit

                      73, Mike - AA1AR

                      > The CW ID is working, I must have missed it on the first contact. The CAT control is not working per my previous post.
                      >

                      > --

                      > Larry

                      > W8LIG

                    • David Chema
                      Message 10 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
                        CAT isn't working on the Elecraft K3  with Windows 8 either.  Using Commander from DXLAB for CAT control.

                        On Mar 27, 2013, at 12:42 AM, "Mike - AA1AR" <aa1ar@...> wrote:

                          CAT is not working here either.  Rig is TS-690 on Win7 32-bit

                        73, Mike - AA1AR

                        > The CW ID is working, I must have missed it on the first contact. The CAT control is not working per my previous post.
                        >
                        > --

                        > Larry

                        > W8LIG

                      • Rick Langford
                        Message 11 of 18 , Mar 27, 2013
                          No issues here

                          Windows 8 pro
                          Flex 3000 (using ts-2000) in cat control
                          Ddutil for patching virtual comm ports
                          Vspmanger for virtual comm ports
                          All working well

                          kd8lcd

                          CAT isn't working on the Elecraft K3  with Windows 8 either.  Using Commander from DXLAB for CAT control.

                          On Mar 27, 2013, at 12:42 AM, "Mike - AA1AR" <aa1ar@...> wrote:

                            CAT is not working here either.  Rig is TS-690 on Win7 32-bit

                          73, Mike - AA1AR

                          > The CW ID is working, I must have missed it on the first contact. The CAT control is not working per my previous post.
                          >
                          > --

                          > Larry

                          > W8LIG

                        • KD8LCD Cinci
                          Message 12 of 18 , Mar 27, 2013

                            Larry:

                            You stated your using the same CAT port as your DX commander was that correct?

                            “Installed new version. Set CAT for Kenwood TS-480HX  COM10, 38400, 8,none,1. Also checked box to ID after 73. I monitored COM10 and there is no activity between this program and the COM port. I'm using Virtual Serial Ports Emulator and running DXCommander on same port. Also after my first contact with this version I sent 73 message and there was no CW ID even though the box is checked.

                            Windows7 Pro 32 bit. Also I installed over last version, I did not remove the previous version as it was not stated to do that. I'm not sure exactly what the CAT control is supposed to do when/if it does work. Should it change the dial readout? How am I supposed to control the Kenwood? These are not documented.”

                            In your VSP software if DX commander is on comm. 10 then the WSJTX software needs to be on the OTHER VSP port which is mapped to com 10 it should not be on the same comm. port,

                            VSP emulators basically take one comm. port and route it to another and vise versa making a link between the two

                            Message 13 of 18 , Mar 27, 2013
                              I have the same issue. I find that if I just reselect the USB Codec that it will then work for that session for as long as you have the program running. If you shut down then next time you restart you need to reselect the codec.

                              I currently use an older version and it does this

                              --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Ed <k7aat.ed@...> wrote:

                              > Installed v. 0.8 r3112 and tried to use on JT9 this afternoon. Receives
                              > and decodes just fine. Does not transmit!
                              >

                              > I am using Windows 7 computer and a SignaLink USB interface. This setup
                              > works just fine with JT65HF. I set up WSJT-X just the same..same USB
                              > audio codecs, same PTT with VOX as my JT65HF.. I am NOT using CAT control
                              > of radio at present.just VOX PTT control from the SignaLink.
                              >

                              > When I click the Enable Tx button it turns red but the Signalink apparently
                              > never gets TX audio to activate the PTT.
                              >

                              > Any ideas? I can't seem to find any help for this issue in the OnLine help
                              > file.
                              >

                              > Ed K7AAT

                            • kc2wuf
                              Message 14 of 18 , Mar 27, 2013
                                Ed,

                                I had a similar problem when I first installed. I had been using the old default install location requiring "Run as Administrator", but transmit only fired up upon unchecking the "Enable Tx" button.

                                I ended up having to uninstall the software and install it fresh. I first installed v7, r3071 which puts it into C:\wsjtx right off the root directory. No more "Run as Administrator" required and it runs fine.

                                I also left the PTT Method as DTR with the PTT Port as None for my SignaLink USB here with my FT-950.

                                If you read the latest release notes, you'll see that the manual is not up to date and Joe plans on having this addressed shortly.

                                Hope this helps.

                                73 David KC2WUF
                              • g4ilo
                                Message 15 of 18 , Mar 28, 2013
                                  Very nice update. CAT control works fine with VSPE virtual serial ports so I can run my logging software at the same time.

                                  Only niggle is that using 120dpi with larger fonts the yellow text on black background showing date and time is just a wee bit too big to fit the space available.

                                  Julian, G4ILO