Re: [Moon-Net] JT-44 Simulation

  • Andrew T. Flowers
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2002
      W7GJ wrote:

      > I have 6m EME skeds with it
      > later today and will be watching the input audio also with Spectran to see
      if I
      > detect any traces.

      Be careful if you are running Spectran and WSJT at the same time on the same
      computer. Some folks have found that it hogs too many resources and throws
      WSJT's timing off. I'm sure that depends on several factors, including CPU
      speed and RAM....It should be an interesting experiment. Let us know what
      you discover.

      I myself have looked at some of my JT44 recordings in Cooledit. I can't
      really see much in CoolEdit's spectragram with signals that register -25dB
      or less in the WSJT program. Unfortunatly, I'm stuck in my dorm until the
      middle of June, so I won't be playing with "live" signals for the next
      couple of months.

      Andy K0SM