JT-1 Decoder

  • qrpbear
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 15, 2013
      Joe,

      Whatever you did to refine the JT-1 decoder is certainly working to combat doppler shift to my QTH. With the early wsjt-x versions I was lucky to get one decode out of ten receptions. Now decoding at 14.078 is rock solid. Thank you!!

      73,

      'Bear' NH7SR
    • Ed
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 19, 2013

        With OUT using HRD,  can someone please advise me if there is an easy way to log each contact that has been completed,  short of manually typing in the data from the JT65 program over into a logging program?

        For reasons I won’t delve into here,  I cannot and will not use HRD so although I realize that HRD logging works with JT65, I am looking for a less sophistated means.

        I am new to logging software.  Currently I have WinLog32 and ACLog3.3 installed….I think I want to learn ACLog and use it, but I don’t see how I can get my JT65 contacts into it without a lot of manual entry.

        Ed   K7AAT

      • Andrew O'Brien
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 19, 2013
          DX Keeper logs JT65 modes as easily as HRD.  However both do not log from WSJT automatically, last I checked.

          Andy K3UK

          On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 10:32 PM, Ed <k7aat.ed@...> wrote:

          With OUT using HRD,  can someone please advise me if there is an easy way to log each contact that has been completed,  short of manually typing in the data from the JT65 program over into a logging program?

          For reasons I won’t delve into here,  I cannot and will not use HRD so although I realize that HRD logging works with JT65, I am looking for a less sophistated means.

          I am new to logging software.  Currently I have WinLog32 and ACLog3.3 installed….I think I want to learn ACLog and use it, but I don’t see how I can get my JT65 contacts into it without a lot of manual entry.

          Ed   K7AAT

        • Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 20, 2013
            Den 20-03-2013 03:32, Ed skrev:

            With OUT using HRD,  can someone please advise me if there is an easy way to log each contact that has been completed,  short of manually typing in the data from the JT65 program over into a logging program?

            For reasons I won’t delve into here,  I cannot and will not use HRD so although I realize that HRD logging works with JT65, I am looking for a less sophistated means.

            I am new to logging software.  Currently I have WinLog32 and ACLog3.3 installed….I think I want to learn ACLog and use it, but I don’t see how I can get my JT65 contacts into it without a lot of manual entry.

            Ed   K7AAT

            I simply log the contact in JT65-HF itself (in ADIF format), and periodically (usually after an operating session is over) import the ADIF file into my regular log-program (CQRlog, I run Linux), that works well enough for me.

            --
            Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

            ** Women and cats will do as they      **
            ** please, and men and dogs should     **
            ** relax and get used to the idea.     **
            **            -- Robert A. Heinlein    **
            email: peter(no-spam filler)@...
            http://www.frenning.dk/oz1pif.htm
            Ph. +45 4619 3239/ +45 2332 9464
            Snailmail:
            Peter Frenning
            Ternevej 23
            DK-4130 Viby Sj.
            Denmark

          • Ed
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 20, 2013

              Peter,

              Well you have apparently hit the nail on the head of my problem.   I can’t find where JT65HF puts the Log File for QSOs.   I see the TX and RX logs in the settings menu and those files are where it says they are being put,  but I see nothing for where the contact logs are placed so I cannot import the ADIF file into my logging program until I know where they are being stored.

              Ed   K7AAT

              From: wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]
              Subject: Re: [wsjtgroup] JT65hf logging??

              I simply log the contact in JT65-HF itself (in ADIF format), and periodically (usually after an operating session is over) import the ADIF file into my regular log-program (CQRlog, I run Linux), that works well enough for me.

              --
              Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter
            • Larry Bryan
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 20, 2013
                ED,

                I don't know what flavor of JT65-HF your using given you are posting on the WSJT group. If you are using JT65-HF there is a user group for that, but with that version we have JT-Alert which is a companion program that allows logging to a variety of programs. Or, you can just log to a generic ADI file. I use DXKeeper for all versions of JT65. It has a capture window that fits nicely with the two windows of JT9-1, and it tells me if I've worked a station when I enter the call sign. But when using JT65-HF it logs directly into my DXKeeper log with no interaction.

                Larry
                W8LIG

                From: wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]

                I simply log the contact in JT65-HF itself (in ADIF format), and periodically (usually after an operating session is over) import the ADIF file into my regular log-program (CQRlog, I run Linux), that works well enough for me.

                --
                Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

                --
                Larry
                W8LIG/NNN0VBG
              • JoAnne Maenpaa
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 20, 2013
                  > can’t find where JT65HF puts the Log File for QSOs.

                  On my WinXP system, with the default installation of JT65-HF, the adif log file ends up residing on this path:
                  C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\JT65-HF\

                  I don't recall at the moment if I had to enable showing hidden files to see the entire path. Windows help describes how to do it.

                  --
                  73 de JoAnne K9JKM

                • Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 20, 2013
                    Den 20-03-2013 17:51, Ed skrev:

                    Peter,

                    Well you have apparently hit the nail on the head of my problem.   I can’t find where JT65HF puts the Log File for QSOs.   I see the TX and RX logs in the settings menu and those files are where it says they are being put,  but I see nothing for where the contact logs are placed so I cannot import the ADIF file into my logging program until I know where they are being stored.

                    Ed   K7AAT

                    __
                    When you click the "Log QSO" button the log window pop-up and this is where you specify the location (persistent - it will stay as specified from invocation to invocation) see screen shot below - the strange visual is from my Linux, I run JT65-HF on Ubuntu 12.04 with Wine