JT9 on Linux

  • Franco
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8, 2013
      Anyone is trying new wsjt-x program in Linux?

      I have compiled it on my Ubuntu 12.04 but I have some trouble with sound devices. No devices in setup window and, forcing a device number in wsjt.ini, I get core dump due to Input overflow

      Regards
      Franco Spinelli
      IW2DHW
    • Franco
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 14, 2013
        --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Franco" <frspin@...> wrote:

        > Anyone is trying new wsjt-x program in Linux?
        >
        > I have compiled it on my Ubuntu 12.04 but I have some trouble with sound devices. No devices in setup window and, forcing a device number in wsjt.ini, I get core dump due to Input overflow

        I have done some steps in getting wsjtx working on my Ubuntu.

        Modified definition of interface in jt9a.F90 and some changes in Makefile. Now libjt9.a and jt9 compile ok.

        Inserted some code from wsprx in devsetup.cpp for getting a list of sound devices.
        Corrected a buffer error in plotter.h (there was a buffer overflow in sprintf, related to m_sutc buffer)

        Now wsjtx compile and run but, after 1 minute, go to decode (decode button is on) and never return.

        No PSKReport for now

        Some tips or help for a working version in Linux?

        Regards

        Franco Spinelli
        IW2DHW
      • g4ilo
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 14, 2013
          I think PSK Reporter might be a bit difficult for Linux as it uses a Windows DLL.

          Might be better to try running it under wine.

          73, Julian, G4ILO

          --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Franco" <frspin@...> wrote:

          > No PSKReport for now

        • Franco
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 14, 2013
            --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "g4ilo" <julian.g4ilo@...> wrote:

            > I think PSK Reporter might be a bit difficult for Linux as it uses a Windows DLL.
            >
            > Might be better to try running it under wine.

            For now I have done a dummy library for PSKReporter.

            Wsjtx don't run under wine, with a Portaudio problem.

            Regards

            Franco Spinelli
            IW2DHW