Re: [wsjtgroup] JT-9 and LotW

  • observer35
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 26, 2013
      Hello All,

      I am just wondering whether this problem is the or a reason why JT9 is slow in being used by the WSJT community?
      It is really hard to find users outside a small group so far, while the mode is excellent, in mu=y opinion at least.

      73 Rein W6SZ

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 24, 2013
        The LotW server does recognize JT9 QSOs as JT9. The issue is that tQSL
        - the program that is required to "sign" the QSOs does not accept JT9 as
        a valid mode - thus the need to map them to DATA.

        The fix is quite easy - the following instructions are for Windows based
        systems:

        Using Windows Explorer navigate to:
        Users/<user name>/AppData/Roaming/TrustedQSL
        Find the file: config.xml
        Open (edit) the file with Notepad

        Near the bottom of the file you will find a <mode> </mode> section
        with many lines of the form:
        <mode group="DATA">JT4</mode>
        these define the "modes" tQSL will accept.

        Add a line that says: <mode group="DATA">JT9</mode>
        and save the file.

        The next time you run tQSL it will accept JT9 as a valid mode.

        Make sure your logging program exports any JT9-x modes as JT9 or you
        will need to map each submode to JT-9 by adding "Custom ADIF mode
        mappings" in the ADIF Modes tab of tQSL's File/Preferences.

        Note - these instructions work for manually signing JT9 QSOs by running
        tQSL 1.13 to sign an existing ADIF file. I have not tested the
        integration from any logging software.

        73,
        ... Joe, W4TV