Re: [wsjtgroup] Got a question

  • Bruce Brackin
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 18, 2004
      Hi Jerry and good to see you getting set up. Logical choice would be to
      aim it my way - hihi! No, really, I'd think you do best from your QTH
      to shoot for WI, MN, northern IL/IN area as there are good many
      operators in that general area ready to lend a helping hand getting you
      started. Probably east to a little south of east would cover most of
      lower Great Lakes area and be reasonable distance

      Be careful and best of luck. - Bruce, N5SIX
    • Chuck AF4O
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 18, 2004
        Hi Jeff,

        Point it in my direction ! Just kidding, well not really....

        When I first started using WSJT I had my 13 element about that height and
        made allot of contacts with my 170 watt amp on 2mtrs. Just arrange your
        contact on pingjockey.net, aim at the intended station, hop in and have fun
        ! Look forward to seeing your there !

        Oh you asked about listening. Well a good time to listen is during the
        Random hours Saturday morning. Also just keep a watch on PJ mornings and
        evenings for some stations running a contact and point in their direction to
        listen. Conditions typically better in the mornings. No need to just listen
        if your transmitter is working. Hop on PJ and let us work you. I need your
        grid :<)

        73
        Chuck
        AF4O