Re: [wsjtgroup] Logging JT9 QSO's

  • paul ecker
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 7, 2012
      Dan and Ed - thanks again for the help. Will try it tonight.

      73 Paul  kc2nyu

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 7, 2012
        Here is a method published on DXSuite user group to map your JT9-X to LOTW as Data while keeping your log correct. Since eQSL has already adressed this, you can use JT9-1, JT9, or some other combination as long as you map it as indicated below. I did this and it works perfect. If LOTW addresses the JT9 issue, then you simply remove the mapping and upload your contacts from your log which already have the proper mode. Here is the procedure below:

        You go to your programs list (depending on what version of windows you have) and look for the TrustedQSL folder. Open that folder and double click on TQSL (not TQSLcert). You will get a window, select File/Preferences/ADIF modes. Click on ADD. In the ADIF Mode: window put in JT9 and then highlight DATA in the window below. Click OK and you will see JT9->DATA in the Custom ADIF mode mappings. You can do this for all modes of JT9 like JT9-1 and so forth they will all be recognized by LOTW as DATA and logged.
        Now if/when ARRL recognizes JT9 and depending on how they implement this, you will need to come back here and remove this mapping or it will continue as DATA. Pretty simple and it works.

        Larry
        W8LIG

        --
        Larry
        W8LIG/NNN0VBG

      • Ted
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 7, 2012

          Hi Larry,  I just started using the WSJT program this am so forgive if this is a stupid question:

          What about logging ISCAT –B and A into LOTW (or HRD for that matter)

          Is that possible?

          Tnx and 73, Ted

          K7TRK