Logging JT9 QSO's

  • kc2nyu
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 7, 2012
      How are folks logging JT-9 QSOs on LOTW and then on eQSL ? What mode are you using? Think I have read that you can use JT-9 designation eQsl

      73 Paul
    • Ed Wilson
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 7, 2012
        Paul,

        I spoke with the LOTW folks at ARRL yesterday and it does not seem like they will be implementing a JT9 category soon, if ever. Most people are uploading as DATA.

        I think that eQSL will accept either JT9, JT9-1, etc.

        Ed, K0KC

        How are folks logging JT-9 QSOs on LOTW and then on eQSL ? What mode are you using? Think I have read that you can use JT-9 designation eQsl

        73 Paul

      • paul ecker
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 7, 2012
          Ed-- another question on LOTW entry. I am using HRD Logbook. Under Modes there is no "Data" field. This is really starting to go off topic, but if I upload as JT65, can I go into LOTW and change it to Data??

          73 Paul

          I spoke with the LOTW folks at ARRL yesterday and it does not seem like they will be implementing a JT9 category soon, if ever. Most people are uploading as DATA.

          I think that eQSL will accept either JT9, JT9-1, etc.

          Ed, K0KC

          How are folks logging JT-9 QSOs on LOTW and then on eQSL ? What mode are you using? Think I have read that you can use JT-9 designation eQsl

          73 Paul

        • Dan Bates
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 7, 2012

            Paul,

            HRD allows you to add new modes.  Tools>Configure>Modes

            Then Upload to LOTW.

            Dan n5tm

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 7, 2012
              Paul,

              Dan's suggestion is what I have done as I also use HRD Logbook. You could also execute the TQSL program from LOTW to "map" JT9 to DATA.

              Ed, K0KC

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 7, 2012
                Dan and Ed - thanks again for the help. Will try it tonight.

                73 Paul  kc2nyu

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 7, 2012
                  Here is a method published on DXSuite user group to map your JT9-X to LOTW as Data while keeping your log correct. Since eQSL has already adressed this, you can use JT9-1, JT9, or some other combination as long as you map it as indicated below. I did this and it works perfect. If LOTW addresses the JT9 issue, then you simply remove the mapping and upload your contacts from your log which already have the proper mode. Here is the procedure below:

                  You go to your programs list (depending on what version of windows you have) and look for the TrustedQSL folder. Open that folder and double click on TQSL (not TQSLcert). You will get a window, select File/Preferences/ADIF modes. Click on ADD. In the ADIF Mode: window put in JT9 and then highlight DATA in the window below. Click OK and you will see JT9->DATA in the Custom ADIF mode mappings. You can do this for all modes of JT9 like JT9-1 and so forth they will all be recognized by LOTW as DATA and logged.
                  Now if/when ARRL recognizes JT9 and depending on how they implement this, you will need to come back here and remove this mapping or it will continue as DATA. Pretty simple and it works.

                  Larry
                  W8LIG

                  --
                  Larry
                  W8LIG/NNN0VBG

                • Ted
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 7, 2012

                    Hi Larry,  I just started using the WSJT program this am so forgive if this is a stupid question:

                    What about logging ISCAT –B and A into LOTW (or HRD for that matter)

                    Is that possible?

                    Tnx and 73, Ted

                    K7TRK