WSJT Awards (long)

  • Sebastian, W4AS
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2012
      In addition to running the WSJTGROUP web site, I have also agreed to issue the awards associated with High Speed Meteor Scatter (HSMS).

      The most popular one has been the 10k award.  To qualify for the award, each HSMS QSO must have been a minimum distance of 1,000 miles.  And the total distance of those QSOs need to be at least 10,000 miles.  For the complete rules and more information, check out the web site link below.

      In addition to the 10k award which has primarily been for 2 and 6 meters, there is also a new 222 MHz specific award, except that the total miles needs to 'only' add up to 5,000 miles or more.

      There is a major change to the awards, they won't cost you anything and will be delivered via email only as a PDF file, which is similar to other organizations which offer amateur radio awards.  If you don't have a color printer, most office supply stores will print the 8x10 certificate for a small charge.  The website will have a list of the recipients and the certificate number.

      If you submitted a log in the past for these awards and either lost or never received it, contact me at the link below each page of the web site and I'll be glad to issue you one once you send me the list of your contacts.  You can search by your call sign on the site to see if some or all of your QSOs are already in the database.  Please follow the format of the web site for your log submittals.

      The issuance of the IQA and CGA awards will also resume at a later date.

      If your total HSMS QSOs don't yet add up to 10,000 miles, you should still send me the information about each 1,000 mile or greater QSO so I can add it to the database.  Also, any and all 222 MHz and 432 MHz HSMS QSOs regardless of the distance, are added to the database.

      73 de Sebastian, W4AS  ----> info@...
      WSJTGROUP Official Website: http://www.meteorscatter.org