Narrow Filter and WSJTx

  • KD7YZ Bob
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2012
      Hey WSJT Group:

      I was learing my ne K3 traits and decided to narrow down a BW on 2m
      JT9-1

      So I ran a400hz filter and noticed the signal-reports read on signals
      which did actually look weak. They were typically +20 to +30.

      So I got to wondering if that meant they could reduce power down to
      where I read, say, -15 on them, in JT9-1 ??

      That is, by narrowing down the BW, can I actually receive/decode a
      weaker station than I could if I ran the usual 3khz BW like we seem to
      do with JT65 ??

      The formula would tell me it's o .. at least in an EME CW contact.
      However I didn't know if this is so with these data modes. I certainly
      handed out a dozen or two sig-reps well above +10 this afternoon on 20m
      using JT9-1 .

      Bob KD7YZ