Re: [WSJTX] 1500Hz and the JT9-10 mode

  • Steinar Aanesland
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3 8:36 AM
      Hi jess & the gang

      My beacon is off now, but I will back on around 21:00 UTC this evening
      (Jt9-10 beacon on 3581 +1500Hz).

      I got a report from Chris, a shortwave listener from UK . The strange
      thing was that although he ‘saw’ my signal and received ‘10 sync tones’
      he could not decode.

      It is possible that the signal has be corrupted by doppler shift or
      phase distortion. Place give me a report if you experience something
      similar.

      If you are familiar with the SpecLab,
      (http://www.qsl.net/dl4yhf/spectra1.html) place send me a screen copy of
      my signal when you are not able to copy me. I will send it to Joe k1jt .

      I have had big success with this mode on 600m (JT9-1 and -2). It is
      possible that it is not so good on frequencies above 180m.

      LA5VNA Steinar
      loc:JO59jq
      Mal and spam filtering: STRONG
      José Ros software not supported

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3 12:33 PM
        Hi all

        My beacon is running (Jt9-10 beacon on 3581 +1500Hz). I will start with 50W

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3 12:35 PM
          Hi all

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 3 3:39 PM
            Hi all

            I have got some reports saying that jt9-10 is not working.The signal is
            visible in the waterfall, but no decoding. Well, this was a test..

            I am trying jt9-5 now . I will leave it on until 07:00 UTC.

            Den 03.12.2012 21:35, skrev Steinar Aanesland:
            > Hi all
            >
            > My beacon is running (Jt9-10 beacon on 3581 +1500Hz). I will start with 50W
            >
            > LA5VNA Steinar
            > loc:JO59jq
            > Mal and spam filtering: STRONG
            > José Ros software not supported
            >

            >> Den 03.12.2012 17:36, skrev Steinar Aanesland:
            >>> Hi jess & the gang
            >>>
            >>> My beacon is off now, but I will back on around 21:00 UTC this evening
            >>> (Jt9-10 beacon on 3581 +1500Hz).
            >>>
            >>> I got a report from Chris, a shortwave listener from UK . The strange
            >>> thing was that although he ‘saw’ my signal and received ‘10 sync tones’
            >>> he could not decode.
            >>>
            >>> It is possible that the signal has be corrupted by doppler shift or
            >>> phase distortion. Place give me a report if you experience something
            >>> similar.
            >>>
            >>> If you are familiar with the SpecLab,
            >>> (http://www.qsl.net/dl4yhf/spectra1.html) place send me a screen copy of
            >>> my signal when you are not able to copy me. I will send it to Joe k1jt .
            >>>
            >>> I have had big success with this mode on 600m (JT9-1 and -2). It is
            >>> possible that it is not so good on frequencies above 180m.
            >>>
            >>> LA5VNA Steinar
            >>> loc:JO59jq
            >>> Mal and spam filtering: STRONG
            >>> José Ros software not supported

          • Brian Duffell
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3 6:32 PM
              Steinar Aanesland <saanes@...> wrote:

              > Hi all
              >
              > I have got some reports saying that jt9-10 is not working.The signal is
              > visible in the waterfall, but no decoding. Well, this was a test..
              >
              > I am trying jt9-5 now . I will leave it on until 07:00 UTC.

              Good stromg signal, S6-9 on my 88'doublet, about 30 dB above the noise. No
              decodes though.

              0145 10 1 2.3 1204.0 0

              0150 0 -36 -1.7 1255.4 0

              0155 10 4 1.3 1204.0 -1

              0200 0 -37 2.1 1221.0 0

              0205 10 5 1.1 1203.7 1

              Dial frequency 3581.300

              --
              Brian Duffell
              G3VGZ
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 4 2:01 AM
                Steinar Aanesland <saanes@...> wrote:

                > I am trying jt9-5 now . I will leave it on until 07:00 UTC.

                about 17 decodes between 0200 and 0800. Sync 10 consistently. QSB of at
                least 20db.

                Loc IO94im

                --
                Brian Duffell