Re: CY0/VE1AWW Meteorscatter

  • Sky
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2012
      Lance,

      Missed that. Congratulations and nice catch! I checked in after you had completed and didn't read back on ON4KST.

      73,
      Roger, VE1SKY

      --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Lance Collister, W7GJ" <w7gj@...> wrote:

      > Hi Roger,
      >
      > Just as a point of clarification, I completed with Al CY0/VE1AWW on JT65A mode when
      > his moon was at 16.5 degrees elevation this morning during his moonset. That was
      > the first 6m EME ever from Sable Island. He will be QRV on 6m one more week before
      > he has to take down the station in preparation of returning to the mainland. 6m EME
      > cndx are optimum this coming week ;-) GL and VY 73, Lance
      >

      > On 12/2/2012 7:13 PM, Sky wrote:
      > > Al, VE1AWW was qrv from Sable Is. FN93 today. He failed to make any EME qsos,
      > > but as an afterthought worked VE1JF and VE1SKY via meteorscatter using FSK441 on
      > > 6m.
      > >
      > > We all enjoyed it! Does anyone know if MS has been done from Sable before?
      > >
      > > Roger, VE1SKY

      > > WSJTGroup HomePage http://www.meteorscatter.org/
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > --
      > Lance Collister, W7GJ
      > (ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ, E6M)
      > P.O. Box 73
      > Frenchtown, MT 59834-0073
      > USA
      > TEL: (406) 626-5728
      > QTH: DN27ub
      > Windows Messenger: W7GJ@...
      > Skype: lanceW7GJ
      > 2m DXCC #11/6m DXCC #815
      >
      > Interested in 6m EME? Ask me about subscribing to the Magic Band EME
      > email group, or just fill in the request box at the bottom of my web
      > page (above)!

    • Sky
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2012
        I've dug around a bit about EME and MS from Sable. In 1996, Mike VE9AA operated 2m and 6m meteorscatter from CY0. Mike also did EME, but only on 2m. see link: http://www.uksmg.org/content/sable.htm

        In 1982, HSMSCW was done from Sable both bands.

        I don't know if today's FSK441 QSOs, VE1JF and VE1SKY, may have been the 1st digital MS QSOs. Anyone have that info? BTW VE1JF worked CY0/VE1AWW first today.

        All fun!

        73,
        Roger, VE1SKY