CY0/VE1AWW Meteorscatter

  • Sky
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2012
      Al, VE1AWW was qrv from Sable Is. FN93 today. He failed to make any EME qsos,
      but as an afterthought worked VE1JF and VE1SKY via meteorscatter using FSK441 on
      6m.

      We all enjoyed it! Does anyone know if MS has been done from Sable before?

      Roger, VE1SKY
    • Lance Collister, W7GJ
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2012
        Hi Roger,

        Just as a point of clarification, I completed with Al CY0/VE1AWW on JT65A mode when
        his moon was at 16.5 degrees elevation this morning during his moonset. That was
        the first 6m EME ever from Sable Island. He will be QRV on 6m one more week before
        he has to take down the station in preparation of returning to the mainland. 6m EME
        cndx are optimum this coming week ;-) GL and VY 73, Lance

        On 12/2/2012 7:13 PM, Sky wrote:
        > Al, VE1AWW was qrv from Sable Is. FN93 today. He failed to make any EME qsos,
        > but as an afterthought worked VE1JF and VE1SKY via meteorscatter using FSK441 on
        > 6m.
        >
        > We all enjoyed it! Does anyone know if MS has been done from Sable before?
        >
        > Roger, VE1SKY

        > WSJTGroup HomePage http://www.meteorscatter.org/

        Lance Collister, W7GJ
        (ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ, E6M)
        P.O. Box 73
        Frenchtown, MT 59834-0073
        USA
        TEL: (406) 626-5728
        QTH: DN27ub
        Windows Messenger: W7GJ@...
        Skype: lanceW7GJ
        2m DXCC #11/6m DXCC #815

        page (above)!
      • Sky
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2012
          Lance,

          Missed that. Congratulations and nice catch! I checked in after you had completed and didn't read back on ON4KST.

          73,
          Roger, VE1SKY

          --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Lance Collister, W7GJ" <w7gj@...> wrote:

          > Hi Roger,
          >
          > Just as a point of clarification, I completed with Al CY0/VE1AWW on JT65A mode when
          > his moon was at 16.5 degrees elevation this morning during his moonset. That was
          > the first 6m EME ever from Sable Island. He will be QRV on 6m one more week before
          > he has to take down the station in preparation of returning to the mainland. 6m EME
          > cndx are optimum this coming week ;-) GL and VY 73, Lance
          >

          > On 12/2/2012 7:13 PM, Sky wrote:
          > > Al, VE1AWW was qrv from Sable Is. FN93 today. He failed to make any EME qsos,
          > > but as an afterthought worked VE1JF and VE1SKY via meteorscatter using FSK441 on
          > > 6m.
          > >
          > > We all enjoyed it! Does anyone know if MS has been done from Sable before?
          > >
          > > Roger, VE1SKY

          > > WSJTGroup HomePage http://www.meteorscatter.org/
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > --
          > Lance Collister, W7GJ
          > (ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ, E6M)
          > P.O. Box 73
          > Frenchtown, MT 59834-0073
          > USA
          > TEL: (406) 626-5728
          > QTH: DN27ub
          > Windows Messenger: W7GJ@...
          > Skype: lanceW7GJ
          > 2m DXCC #11/6m DXCC #815
          >
          > Interested in 6m EME? Ask me about subscribing to the Magic Band EME
          > email group, or just fill in the request box at the bottom of my web
          > page (above)!

        • Sky
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2012
            I've dug around a bit about EME and MS from Sable. In 1996, Mike VE9AA operated 2m and 6m meteorscatter from CY0. Mike also did EME, but only on 2m. see link: http://www.uksmg.org/content/sable.htm

            In 1982, HSMSCW was done from Sable both bands.

            I don't know if today's FSK441 QSOs, VE1JF and VE1SKY, may have been the 1st digital MS QSOs. Anyone have that info? BTW VE1JF worked CY0/VE1AWW first today.

            All fun!

            73,
            Roger, VE1SKY