Return to life.

  • KD7DCR@netscape.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2012
      The station at KD7DCR has returned to life!... or, at least about 90% of it has...more testing to do, etc.

      Since the rebuilding caused the replacement of the main radio with a new IC-7600; I am wondering if anyone in the group is running JT with that radio now, via the "back" USB port?

      Looking for some "how to do it" help here.

      Will now have a low and a high, 6m7 on 6m, with over 1kw...

      Still do not have the 2m running yet...

      Regards,
      Mel in DN35

      Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.
    • Lance Collister, W7GJ
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 28, 2012
        The ICOM 7600 is not like a K3 - you will need some sort of computer interface to run
        WSJT modes. You can build one yourself, or buy a commercial one. I know FO4BM and
        ON4IQ use MICROHAM interfaces on theirs. They are very flexible but very
        expensive. You could also use a RIGBlaster Plug N Play with the appropriate
        connection cable to go to the back of the IC7600:

        http://www.westmountainradio.com/product_info.php?products_id=pnp
        http://www.westmountainradio.com/product_info.php?products_id=rpa_i8d

        I think you have a good shot at the moon on your moonrise, and if you can see it
        rising out over the plains, we should be able to complete on 6m JT65A during your
        moonrise while I am at TX5K.

        GL and VY 73, Lance

        --
        Lance Collister, W7GJ
        (ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ, E6M)

        page (above)!