WSJT9 Runtime Error

  • w8lig
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 16, 2012
      Has anyone resolved the Runtime Error with WSJT9. I did some searching and see that it's been reported back on November 9. I just downloaded the program and I'm getting the same error messages.

      I have a Flex 5000A so I'm using VAC and I selected VAC 1 and VAC 2 for my input and output. I didn't see any responses to the earlier postings on this that had any fixes.

      Larry - W8LIG
    • w3sz
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 16, 2012
        Hi Larry,

        If you are referring to the posting I made on Nov7, I resolved the issue here by changing the WSJT9 operating directory from the C:\Program Files\WSJT9 directory to C:\WSJT9.

        As I type this WSJT9 is happily running using VAC 1 as input, and started up with no error with this input selected.

        I did not even need to select the VAC 1 as a default Windows device in Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices Properties/Audio !

        I was going to play with this some more over the weekend to confirm a consistent fix on several machines before posting, but since you asked, I am posting this.  Its been working well for several days, but I have only tried it on one computer.  Tomorrow I will try it on several more to see if this fix holds true.

        If it turns out when I get to test things more thoroughly tomorrow that something else is required for things to work, I will post again with the information.

        Remember that I am using XP here, so this won't necessarily apply to other Windows versions.

        73,

        Roger
        W3SZ

        On 11/16/2012 9:01 PM, w8lig wrote:

        Has anyone resolved the Runtime Error with WSJT9. I did some searching and see that it's been reported back on November 9. I just downloaded the program and I'm getting the same error messages.

        I have a Flex 5000A so I'm using VAC and I selected VAC 1 and VAC 2 for my input and output. I didn't see any responses to the earlier postings on this that had any fixes.

        Larry - W8LIG

      • Doug Parker
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 17, 2012
          Hi,

          If you look on my web site it gives you the config for WSJT9, and Map65 running
          simultaineously on a Flex 5000 with Windows 7 64 bit Ultimatehttp//g4dzu.com/FLEX5000_WSJT_MAP65.html
          73s
          Doug
          G4DZU