WSJT-X v0.4 r2731

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 14, 2012
      To: Users of WSJT-X
      From: Joe Taylor, K1JT

      The installation file for WSJT-X version 0.4, revision 2731 has been
      posted at

      http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJTX_04r2731.exe

      In this revision a number of known bugs have been fixed, and the JT9
      decoder is significantly improved. Among other improvements, the
      program is now much less fussy about timing issues.

      My "To Do" list for WSJT-X is far from empty -- for example, many
      user-convenience features are yet to be implemented. However, in its
      present state WSJT-X performs well and will enable you to make QSOs at
      signal levels down to those specified on the last page of the User's Guide:
      http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT-X_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf

      In some circumstances the present decoder will seem slow. Speed
      enhancements are yet to come. In the meantime, you will find it best to
      set "Tol" (the frequency tolerance parameter) to a value only a few
      times the width of the desired JT9 signal.

      I have now made many QSOs with JT9-1 on 160 m, often with inaudible
      signals. I look forward to working you on that band soon! I also hope
      to have good receiving systems soon for 137 and 472/500 kHz: maybe we
      can work cross-band? A number of us have been coordinating our activity
      on the K3UK Sked Page: go to
      http://www.obriensweb.com/sked/ and then click on "digitalradio" at the
      upper right.

      As always, your feedback on WSJT-X will be greatly appreciated! I'll do
      my best to fix reported bugs quickly. During this testing period,
      please remember to run the program with "Save All" checked, and send me
      examples of *.wav files on which the decoder behaves poorly.

      -- 73, Joe, K1JT
    • jeff millar
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 15, 2012
        Another question from "adventures in compiling the wsjt tree under linux"...Where does the timer.o file come from?

        jeff, wa1hco

        To: Users of WSJT-X
        From: Joe Taylor, K1JT

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 16, 2012
          To: Users of WSJT-X
          From: Joe Taylor, K1JT

          A new revision of WSJT-X has been posted. As usual, a link to it
          appears on the WSJT web site:

          http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjt.html

          The following is a direct link to the installation file:

          http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJTX_04r2746.exe

          Changes from v0.4 r2731 include the following:

          1. Valid signal reports are now generated by double-clicking on a
          callsign in the decoded text window.

          2. Consecutive spaces in a Tx message are now collapsed into a single space.

          3. Decoding speed is much improved, especially when strong (possibly
          non-JT9) signals are present and "Tol" is set to a relatively large value.

          4. Scaling of the "JT9 Sync" plot (red curve) is more reasonable.

          5. Layout of widgets on the main window has been improved.

          6. Several minor bug fixes.

          As always, your feedback on the new revision will be greatly appreciated!

          -- 73, Joe, K1JT
        • Bobby Chandler
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 17, 2012
            Joe, still crashing on XP and leaves a 133M wsjt.exe process running.

            Bobby/N4AU

             Bobby E Chandler
            bobbye@...
              n4au@...