Re: [Moon-Net] computerclock sync in Windows Vista and XP

  • Lance Collister, W7GJ
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2012
      Hello Michal,

      MNI TNX for your great suggestions on how to set the computer clock with different
      operating systems. This version works very well with my Win7 64 bit computer:

      http://schmail.com/atomictime/

      GL and VY 73, Lance

      On 11/7/2012 7:44 PM, Michal wrote:
      > Hi Jan and All,
      >
      > Windows operating systems have a built-in NTP client. The problem is how to
      > activate this service for us without using special programs like Dimension 4.
      >

      > For Windows XP system you may follow suggestions from this site:
      > http://www.timetools.co.uk/support/windows-xp-ntp-server.htm
      >
      > Similar tips for Vista (and probably 7) are provided here:
      > http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/dealing-with-windows-vista-time-sync-problems/
      >
      > A few more tips:
      >
      > All changes need administrator priveliges to take effect.
      >
      > /SpecialPollInterval - / I would suggest lower than default (604800) value,
      > something between 1800-3600 (time in seconds between successive NTP server
      > acesses), although some servers don't tolerate more often than once per 4 hours access.
      >
      > Use your local/national NTP server - it will provide more stable results. In my
      > case the ping time is of order 6-7ms instead of near 50ms for US servers.
      >
      > There is a very good and small program which I'm using for time checking and
      > corrections - Time Synchronizer: http://www.itsamples.com/time-synchronizer.html -
      > really a great piece of software
      >
      > 73, Michal
      > sp2iqw
      >

      > W dniu 2012-11-06 19:12, Pa0PLY account pisze:
      >> Hi Mooners,
      >> I'm stucked to Dimension v4 to control my computerclock for JT65 mode.
      >> Installing this program on a vista computer fails to work.
      >> Any suggestion which program will correctly work on this Vista machine?
      >> Met vriendelijke groet,
      >> Jan Kappert
      >> Pa0PLY
      >> www.pa0ply.nl <http://www.pa0ply.nl>

      Lance Collister, W7GJ
      (ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ, E6M)
      P.O. Box 73
      Frenchtown, MT 59834-0073
      USA
      TEL: (406) 626-5728
      QTH: DN27ub
      Windows Messenger: W7GJ@...
      Skype: lanceW7GJ
      2m DXCC #11/6m DXCC #815

      page (above)!
    • Sam Jewell
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2012
        After lots of problems synching my W7 prof using a number of other applications, I finally took Joe's advice and used Meirberg, installing it using the instructions in the reference document. At last I can get to within ms and not seconds!

        73 de Sam, G4DDK