Re: [wsjtgroup] Problem with WSJT 9.3 and Audio Inputs other than "0"

  • KD7YZ Bob
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2012
      On Wednesday w3sz sent, on a straight key:

      > I am doing this as I am putting into WSJT audio via VAC from Linrad.

      I was trying to make that happen here on my Win7-64 bit but was unable,
      as you probably expected.

      So next I have to ask, what's "VAC" with respect to audio into WSJT?

      Bob KD7YZ
    • Roger Rehr
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2012
        Hi Bob,

        Thanks for the note!

        VAC is Virtual Audio Cable...its how to connect the audio output of
        one program directly to the audio input of another program,
        internally, without resorting to actual physical wires. I use it a
        lot. For this application VAC is selected as the audio output device
        in Linrad, and as the audio input device for WSJT. For some reason
        [and most programs are not like this], I seem to need to specify the
        Virtual Audio Cable that I am using as a default Recording audio
        device in Control Panel > Sound > Audio for WSJT to "see" the input.
        I mention that just to allow others to avoid that hurdle if they
        follow along this path.

        VAC is not free, but its reasonably priced.

        http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm

        73,

        Roger Rehr
        W3SZ