Problem with WSJT 9.3 and Audio Inputs other than "0"

  • w3sz
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2012
      I have found [on multiple computers, so its not just one installation] that if I set Audio In to anything other than "0" [the default], WSJT will run fine with the new audio input.

      But when I go to restart WSJT with Audio In set to something other than 0, I get the following error messages, and WSJT won't run. I have to go back to WSJT.ini and change Audio In to 0, start WSJT, and then change Audio In to what I want. Has anyone else seen this or does anyone have an idea re: what I am doing wrong?

      I am doing this as I am putting into WSJT audio via VAC from Linrad.

      The errors I see when starting WSJT are:

      Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
      Runtime Error!

      Program C:\Program Files\WSJT9\WSJT9.EXE

      This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in a unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

      After I click the "OK" button I see another error message:

      THhe exception unknown software exception(0x40000015) occurred in the application at location 0x1e0e1379.
      Click OK to terminate the program

      Thanks in advance for the help!

      73,

      Roger Rehr
      W3SZ
    • KD7YZ Bob
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2012
        On Wednesday w3sz sent, on a straight key:

        > I am doing this as I am putting into WSJT audio via VAC from Linrad.

        I was trying to make that happen here on my Win7-64 bit but was unable,
        as you probably expected.

        So next I have to ask, what's "VAC" with respect to audio into WSJT?

        Bob KD7YZ
      • Roger Rehr
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 7, 2012
          Hi Bob,

          Thanks for the note!

          VAC is Virtual Audio Cable...its how to connect the audio output of
          one program directly to the audio input of another program,
          internally, without resorting to actual physical wires. I use it a
          lot. For this application VAC is selected as the audio output device
          in Linrad, and as the audio input device for WSJT. For some reason
          [and most programs are not like this], I seem to need to specify the
          Virtual Audio Cable that I am using as a default Recording audio
          device in Control Panel > Sound > Audio for WSJT to "see" the input.
          I mention that just to allow others to avoid that hurdle if they
          follow along this path.

          VAC is not free, but its reasonably priced.

          http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm

          73,

          Roger Rehr
          W3SZ