Xmit control and WSJT

  • Rev. Terry Mills
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2004
      Just a thought for future releases. Would it be possible to configure
      the program to key the rig via CAT? I have only one com port and that
      is dedicated to CAT, as all my other sound card programs allow me to
      control the rig that way. When I use WJST I have to crawl under the
      desk, pull the cable from the com port and plug the cable in for WSJT.
      Would rather not have to do that if I didn't have to. Any chance of
      implimenting CAT?

      Terry
    • Mark Hambrice
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10, 2004
        Hello Terry,

        Another possibility is to use a switch box to switch betweens the two
        devices. I've seen serial port switch boxes in the past and one may
        help, at least in the short term. It's not an ideal solution but it
        may keep you out from under the desk. ; ? )

        73,
        Mark, KØXXX

        --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Rev. Terry Mills" <KC3AK@A...>
        wrote:
        > Just a thought for future releases. Would it be possible to
        configure
        > the program to key the rig via CAT? I have only one com port and
        that
        > is dedicated to CAT, as all my other sound card programs allow me to
        > control the rig that way. When I use WJST I have to crawl under the
        > desk, pull the cable from the com port and plug the cable in for
        WSJT.
        > Would rather not have to do that if I didn't have to. Any chance
        of
        > implimenting CAT?
        >
        > Terry
      • Mirel Cardoso
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 10, 2004
          What about using a switch to go from one system to another.
          My two cents worth.

          Mirel VK2BOD

          At 04:30 PM 3/10/04 +0000, you wrote:
          Just a thought for future releases.  Would it be possible to configure
          the program to key the rig via CAT?  I have only one com port and that
          is dedicated to CAT, as all my other sound card programs allow me to
          control the rig that way.  When I use WJST I have to crawl under the
          desk, pull the cable from the com port and plug the cable in for WSJT.
          Would rather not have to do that if I didn't have to.  Any chance of
          implimenting CAT?

          Terry

          To unsubscribe, send an email to:

          Yahoo! Groups Links