Mountain Topping Report

  • dickbolt@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2012
      As I am now living at the bottom in Mountain country, my VHF/UHF WS work must really be at mountain top! I am  recovering from a 12 yr Internet addiction!
      I am repairing a 2 Mtr boomer, 4218XL beam that fell with 40 ft tower yrs ago. It was in 5 pieces & missing 1 & 1/2 elements from long outdoor storage! So far I have 10 element section with driven elements ( upper & lower reflector ele not attached) done & usable for Mt Topping after I move the mast bracket to CG.
      I have here in FM09 several high mountains to operate from. I have so far only done one experimental set ups with only 100 watts & mobile Squarelo antenna (hand held in air) on 144.205. It was via KA1ZE morning net.
      My 432 boomer is ready, but 28 to 432 transverter cables of old have not been yet verified. 50 Mc need assembly of my 6 ele beam. Will need PRB1 reinforcement if I put it up at community that forbids it! Hi Assembly of 6 Mtr beam at Mt Top will not be for short time work.
      The 1296 system will be last to reassemble as loop yagis loops are not all circular any more!
      Dick W1DGA in Garrett County, Swanton MD
      Dick & Rose & son Dean at (Frostburg State University class of 2014)
      From: Grafton, Wilbraham, Dalton in Massachusetts & Savage, Gambrills & Bowie in Maryland. Now Bowie & Swanton MD!
      Retired NASA Engineer at end of 2009.
      One of the founders of PHSNE in New England 1970s.. Radio Amateur Operator since 1955; W1DGA
      * Facebook page under "Dick Bolt" :
      http://www.facebook.com/dick.bolt
      Professional Engineering (PE) License, Wisconsin & MD Licensed Water Sampler
      My Garrett County Facebook Page:
      http://www.facebook.com/groups/30542379951/