WSJT 9 crashes

  • vk4nwh
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2012
      I have had this problem and can not find why it crashes on the application start up. I can start and end the program many times from installation but then i add the setup information the program crashes everytime i try to start it. I added the setup information 1 at a time starting the program after each individual setup info was enetered and found that as soon as i enter any information to do with the audio settings it will crash and not start in any way not even as administrator. Does anyone have any ideas about this problem. I am running windows vista home premium. Cheers. Wayne VK4NWH.
    • Charles Reiche
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2012
        I had this same problem where I selected the wrong audio cable where an input was actually an output cable, this caused the program to crash out every time.  I had to find the config file and manually edit the entry for the input and output back to 1,2 or wahtever it was originally, I could then start the program and re enter the setup window to reset my audio cable settings.   Either you selected a cable for an input or output that was actually a output or input incorrectly, or you selected mic instead of line.  It could also be that your cables are declared wrong if you are using Virtual audio cable.

        Good luck.
        Charles Reiche
        N3CRT