Re: WSJT 9.3 problem?

  • ptbm134aox
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 16, 2012
      Peter,

      Same here too.

      I have also noticed that when you mouse-click on the spectrogram...it decodes the signal...but the decoded FileID text-field is moved (displaced) towards the Message text-field.

      The software seems to correct itself on the next line however.

      I think there is merely a Carriage Return / Line Feed character missing in the software code.

      I have not noticed any other dramas though.

      I will monitor 28.140MHz for your transmissions for the next two days but my Station is 'receive only' I'm afraid. I will report if I hear your signals.

      73's

      Chris (SWLer, grid IO91kw in UK)

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 17, 2012
        To: Users of WSJT 9.3
        From: Joe Taylor, K1JT

        Revision 2574 of WSJT 9.3 has a bug that can cause a program crash if
        you switch between the "fast" and "slow" JT65 modes (e.g., from JT65B2
        to JT65B) while Monitor is on. A corrected version is available on the
        WSJT web site. The direct download link is

        http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT9_r2585.EXE

        A couple of responses to comments posted on wsjtgroup:

        OZ1PIF wrote:
        > Does anyone else have a problem with the option: "Save -> Save decoded", I take
        > it to mean "keep the sound file only if it has decoded content", but as far as I
        > can see all soundfiles are kept, if selected, whether in "Monitor" mode or
        > "Auto" mode.

        "Save Decoded" is arguably obsolete. It uses logic that makes sense
        only for FSK441.

        LA5VNA wrote:
        > What is the "low-duty beacon mode" in wsjt 9.3 ?

        If this item is checked when you are in one of the JT65 modes with Auto
        ON, the program will shift from Rx to Tx only between 0-15 and 30-45
        minutes after the hour. In the other quarter-hour segments the program
        will effectively be in Monitor mode.

        This feature was implemented specifically for an operator planning to
        run high power transmissions on 144 MHz from the Eastern US, aimed
        toward Europe.

        Chris (SWL) wrote:
        > I have also noticed that when you mouse-click on the spectrogram...it decodes
        > the signal...but the decoded FileID text-field is moved (displaced) towards
        > the Message text-field.

        I can't seem to reproduce this behavior. Seems to work OK here.

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT
      • Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 17, 2012
          Den 17-09-2012 15:17, Joe Taylor skrev:
          > To: Users of WSJT 9.3
          > From: Joe Taylor, K1JT
          >
          > Revision 2574 of WSJT 9.3 has a bug that can cause a program crash if
          > you switch between the "fast" and "slow" JT65 modes (e.g., from JT65B2
          > to JT65B) while Monitor is on. A corrected version is available on the
          > WSJT web site. The direct download link is
          >
          > http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT9_r2585.EXE
          >
          > A couple of responses to comments posted on wsjtgroup:
          >
          > OZ1PIF wrote:
          >> Does anyone else have a problem with the option: "Save -> Save decoded", I take
          >> it to mean "keep the sound file only if it has decoded content", but as far as I
          >> can see all soundfiles are kept, if selected, whether in "Monitor" mode or
          >> "Auto" mode.
          > "Save Decoded" is arguably obsolete. It uses logic that makes sense
          > only for FSK441.
          A pity, lately we are a group focusing on experimenting with ISCAT for
          MS propagation on 28MHz, if this worked it would be easy to find the few
          decoded sound files after a long night of mostly nothing heard.

          --
          Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

          ** Genius is one per cent inspiration, **
          ** and ninety-nine per cent **
          ** perspiration. **
          ** -- Thomas A. Edison **
          email: peter(no-spam filler)@...
          http://www.frenning.dk/oz1pif.htm
          Ph. +45 4619 3239
          Snailmail:
          Peter Frenning
          Ternevej 23
          DK-4130 Viby Sj.
          Denmark
        • ptbm134aox
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 17, 2012
            Hi Joe,

            Regarding the 'Save decoded' option could it not be based on the Sync count in the message window? That is, if the Sync count is >=1 then the WAV file gets saved? Or could (should?) it be based on the level of confidence value?

            Regarding the 'displaced text after clicking on the spectrum', it is also in today's release WSJT9_r2585 but maybe it is something to do with public libraries (DLLs) or Java on my machine (XP SP3)...I'm not sure. It's no real drama.

            Thanks for this great software!

            Regards

            Chris (SWLer, IO91kw, UK)

            > Revision 2574 of WSJT 9.3 has a bug that can cause a program crash if
            > you switch between the "fast" and "slow" JT65 modes (e.g., from JT65B2
            > to JT65B) while Monitor is on. A corrected version is available on the
            > WSJT web site. The direct download link is
            >
            > http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT9_r2585.EXE
            >
            > A couple of responses to comments posted on wsjtgroup:
            >
            > OZ1PIF wrote:
            > > Does anyone else have a problem with the option: "Save -> Save decoded", I take
            > > it to mean "keep the sound file only if it has decoded content", but as far as I
            > > can see all soundfiles are kept, if selected, whether in "Monitor" mode or
            > > "Auto" mode.
            >
            > "Save Decoded" is arguably obsolete. It uses logic that makes sense
            > only for FSK441.
            >
            > LA5VNA wrote:
            > > What is the "low-duty beacon mode" in wsjt 9.3 ?
            >
            > If this item is checked when you are in one of the JT65 modes with Auto
            > ON, the program will shift from Rx to Tx only between 0-15 and 30-45
            > minutes after the hour. In the other quarter-hour segments the program
            > will effectively be in Monitor mode.
            >
            > This feature was implemented specifically for an operator planning to
            > run high power transmissions on 144 MHz from the Eastern US, aimed
            > toward Europe.
            >
            > Chris (SWL) wrote:
            > > I have also noticed that when you mouse-click on the spectrogram...it decodes
            > > the signal...but the decoded FileID text-field is moved (displaced) towards
            > > the Message text-field.
            >
            > I can't seem to reproduce this behavior. Seems to work OK here.
            >
            > -- 73, Joe, K1JT

          • Steinar Aanesland
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 17, 2012
              Jon,

              Thanks for you answer :)

              la5vna Steinar

              > LA5VNA wrote:
              >> What is the "low-duty beacon mode" in wsjt 9.3 ?
              >
              > If this item is checked when you are in one of the JT65 modes with Auto
              > ON, the program will shift from Rx to Tx only between 0-15 and 30-45
              > minutes after the hour. In the other quarter-hour segments the program
              > will effectively be in Monitor mode.

            • Dan Bates
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 17, 2012

                Another bug…

                When you switch from JT65B2 back to ISCAT it does not switch the SpectJ back to horizontal scroll.

                N5tm