WSJT 9.3 problem?

  • Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 16, 2012
      Does anyone else have a problem with the option: "Save -> Save decoded", I take it to mean "keep the sound file only if it has decoded content", but as far as I can see all soundfiles are kept, if selected, whether in "Monitor" mode or "Auto" mode.
      --
      Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

      ** Genius is one per cent inspiration, **
      ** and ninety-nine per cent            **
      ** perspiration.                       **
      **               -- Thomas A. Edison   **
      email: peter(no-spam filler)@...
      http://www.frenning.dk/oz1pif.htm
      Ph. +45 4619 3239
      Snailmail:
      Peter Frenning
      Ternevej 23
      DK-4130 Viby Sj.
      Denmark

    • Steinar Aanesland
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 16, 2012
        Peter,
        yes, same here
        LA5VNA Steinar

        Den 16.09.2012 21:50, skrev Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]:
        > Does anyone else have a problem with the option: "Save -> Save decoded", I take
        > it to mean "keep the sound file only if it has decoded content", but as far as I
        > can see all soundfiles are kept, if selected, whether in "Monitor" mode or
        > "Auto" mode.
        >
        > --
        > Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter
      • ptbm134aox
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 16, 2012
          Peter,

          Same here too.

          I have also noticed that when you mouse-click on the spectrogram...it decodes the signal...but the decoded FileID text-field is moved (displaced) towards the Message text-field.

          The software seems to correct itself on the next line however.

          I think there is merely a Carriage Return / Line Feed character missing in the software code.

          I have not noticed any other dramas though.

          I will monitor 28.140MHz for your transmissions for the next two days but my Station is 'receive only' I'm afraid. I will report if I hear your signals.

          73's

          Chris (SWLer, grid IO91kw in UK)

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 17, 2012
            To: Users of WSJT 9.3
            From: Joe Taylor, K1JT

            Revision 2574 of WSJT 9.3 has a bug that can cause a program crash if
            you switch between the "fast" and "slow" JT65 modes (e.g., from JT65B2
            to JT65B) while Monitor is on. A corrected version is available on the
            WSJT web site. The direct download link is

            http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT9_r2585.EXE

            A couple of responses to comments posted on wsjtgroup:

            OZ1PIF wrote:
            > Does anyone else have a problem with the option: "Save -> Save decoded", I take
            > it to mean "keep the sound file only if it has decoded content", but as far as I
            > can see all soundfiles are kept, if selected, whether in "Monitor" mode or
            > "Auto" mode.

            "Save Decoded" is arguably obsolete. It uses logic that makes sense
            only for FSK441.

            LA5VNA wrote:
            > What is the "low-duty beacon mode" in wsjt 9.3 ?

            If this item is checked when you are in one of the JT65 modes with Auto
            ON, the program will shift from Rx to Tx only between 0-15 and 30-45
            minutes after the hour. In the other quarter-hour segments the program
            will effectively be in Monitor mode.

            This feature was implemented specifically for an operator planning to
            run high power transmissions on 144 MHz from the Eastern US, aimed
            toward Europe.

            Chris (SWL) wrote:
            > I have also noticed that when you mouse-click on the spectrogram...it decodes
            > the signal...but the decoded FileID text-field is moved (displaced) towards
            > the Message text-field.

            I can't seem to reproduce this behavior. Seems to work OK here.

            -- 73, Joe, K1JT
          • Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 17, 2012
              Den 17-09-2012 15:17, Joe Taylor skrev:
              > To: Users of WSJT 9.3
              > From: Joe Taylor, K1JT
              >
              > Revision 2574 of WSJT 9.3 has a bug that can cause a program crash if
              > you switch between the "fast" and "slow" JT65 modes (e.g., from JT65B2
              > to JT65B) while Monitor is on. A corrected version is available on the
              > WSJT web site. The direct download link is
              >
              > http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT9_r2585.EXE
              >
              > A couple of responses to comments posted on wsjtgroup:
              >
              > OZ1PIF wrote:
              >> Does anyone else have a problem with the option: "Save -> Save decoded", I take
              >> it to mean "keep the sound file only if it has decoded content", but as far as I
              >> can see all soundfiles are kept, if selected, whether in "Monitor" mode or
              >> "Auto" mode.
              > "Save Decoded" is arguably obsolete. It uses logic that makes sense
              > only for FSK441.
              A pity, lately we are a group focusing on experimenting with ISCAT for
              MS propagation on 28MHz, if this worked it would be easy to find the few
              decoded sound files after a long night of mostly nothing heard.

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 17, 2012
                Hi Joe,

                Regarding the 'Save decoded' option could it not be based on the Sync count in the message window? That is, if the Sync count is >=1 then the WAV file gets saved? Or could (should?) it be based on the level of confidence value?

                Regarding the 'displaced text after clicking on the spectrum', it is also in today's release WSJT9_r2585 but maybe it is something to do with public libraries (DLLs) or Java on my machine (XP SP3)...I'm not sure. It's no real drama.

                Thanks for this great software!

                Regards

                Chris (SWLer, IO91kw, UK)

                > Revision 2574 of WSJT 9.3 has a bug that can cause a program crash if
                > you switch between the "fast" and "slow" JT65 modes (e.g., from JT65B2
                > to JT65B) while Monitor is on. A corrected version is available on the
                > WSJT web site. The direct download link is
                >
                > http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT9_r2585.EXE
                >
                > A couple of responses to comments posted on wsjtgroup:
                >
                > OZ1PIF wrote:
                > > Does anyone else have a problem with the option: "Save -> Save decoded", I take
                > > it to mean "keep the sound file only if it has decoded content", but as far as I
                > > can see all soundfiles are kept, if selected, whether in "Monitor" mode or
                > > "Auto" mode.
                >
                > "Save Decoded" is arguably obsolete. It uses logic that makes sense
                > only for FSK441.
                >
                > LA5VNA wrote:
                > > What is the "low-duty beacon mode" in wsjt 9.3 ?
                >
                > If this item is checked when you are in one of the JT65 modes with Auto
                > ON, the program will shift from Rx to Tx only between 0-15 and 30-45
                > minutes after the hour. In the other quarter-hour segments the program
                > will effectively be in Monitor mode.
                >
                > This feature was implemented specifically for an operator planning to
                > run high power transmissions on 144 MHz from the Eastern US, aimed
                > toward Europe.
                >
                > Chris (SWL) wrote:
                > > I have also noticed that when you mouse-click on the spectrogram...it decodes
                > > the signal...but the decoded FileID text-field is moved (displaced) towards
                > > the Message text-field.
                >
                > I can't seem to reproduce this behavior. Seems to work OK here.
                >
                > -- 73, Joe, K1JT

              • Steinar Aanesland
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 17, 2012
                  Jon,

                  Thanks for you answer :)

                  la5vna Steinar

                  > LA5VNA wrote:
                  >> What is the "low-duty beacon mode" in wsjt 9.3 ?
                  >
                  > If this item is checked when you are in one of the JT65 modes with Auto
                  > ON, the program will shift from Rx to Tx only between 0-15 and 30-45
                  > minutes after the hour. In the other quarter-hour segments the program
                  > will effectively be in Monitor mode.

                • Dan Bates
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 17, 2012

                    Another bug…

                    When you switch from JT65B2 back to ISCAT it does not switch the SpectJ back to horizontal scroll.

                    N5tm