Location of WSJT application data on win7

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2012
      This may have ben posted here already but I could noit find it when I searched.
      New install was crashing because I misconfigured the sound options.
      When I ran wsjt from the command line I could see the error.
      But I had difficulty knowing where the application stored it's user data at.
      Re-installing the application did not help.
      I finally found it and manually modifed the text file.
      On win7 it is located in:
      C:\Users\sdl\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\WSJT9

      Note that "sdl" is the user name.

      Steve
      N3PU

      PS Maybe I can find my own post ~2 years down the road when I do the same thing again!
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2012
        Hi Steve and all,

        A better course of action is to follow the advice in the WSJT 9.0
        Supplement to User's Guide:
        http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT_9.0_Supplement.pdf .

        Install WSJT in a directory such as C:\HamRadio\WSJT9. Then everything
        related to WSJT will be in a single, easy-to-find location.

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT