JT65 on 30m

  • Steinar Aanesland
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2012
      Hi all

      Is there a de facto standard calling freq on 30m like on 20m (14.076) ?

      la5vna S
    • Jim Brown
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2012
        On 8/4/2012 7:32 AM, Steinar Aanesland wrote:
        > Is there a de facto standard calling freq on 30m like on 20m (14.076) ?

        This is one of the bands where more than one is in use, mostly because
        of QRM from other modes. I don't remember what they are, but the best
        way to find JT65 activity is the W6CQZ reverse beacon network (RBN).
        http://jt65.w6cqz.org/receptions.php

        Joe, W6CQZ, is the author of JT65-HF, which, if you don't know about it,
        is a very nice JT65A implementation with multi-decoder capability.
        There is an option for it to feed all decodes to the RBN and to PSK
        Reporter. The RBN is a really good way to figure out if your radio and
        antenna are working. :)

        I much prefer using JT65-HF for JT65A.

        73, Jim K9YC
      • Steinar Aanesland
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2012

          Hi Jim

          I have been using JT65-HF a lot, but most of the time on 20m. JT65-HF is a great soft :)

          la5vna S

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2012
            Hummm, this was a tricky one.

            I got three different proposals 10.1378, 10.138 and 10.139.

            10.1378 seem to be good choice to avoid conflict with other modes like
            WSPR and QRSS3,
            but I think I have to try all three to find out where the crowds are
            playing;)

            73 de LA5VNA S

            Den 04.08.2012 16:32, skrev Steinar Aanesland:

            > Hi all
            >
            > Is there a de facto standard calling freq on 30m like on 20m (14.076) ?
            >
            > la5vna S

          • Steinar Aanesland
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 4, 2012
              Calling CQDX in JT65A on 10.1378 dial now , running about 5W into a home
              made GP 30m antenna.

              la5vna Steinar