Any interest for Upper Michigan Grids?

  • Gary - K7EK
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2012
      This is strictly preliminary and not cast in stone, however I am tentatively taking two weeks of vacation in Upper Michigan's Copper Country. "Say yah to da ewe pee, ay?!". This is where I originally got into amateur radio back in 1967. I'm long overdue to visit the area and thought I might possibly combine amateur radio with the trip.

      If I looked at the UP MI map correctly, it encompasses EN56, EN57, EN65, EN66, EN67, and EN76. I am considering vacationing sometime in June or July of 2013. It would be awesome if I could operate the ARRL June VHF Contest from up there. If I took amateur radio, I would concentrate on six and two meters and may be available for some MS skeds using the WSJT and other digital modes. If enough interest is expressed, I may consider visiting some or all of the aforementioned grids, as long as it did not break me financially. Please let me know if this is something I should consider. If I receive an overwhelming number of replies expressing interest, I will seriously consider the possibilities.

      Thanks for reading...

      Best regards,

      Gary, K7EK