Re: WSPR with Raspberry Pi

  • bob_g3wkw
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 12, 2012
      Success!
      Well here is a bit of an update on the Raspberry Pi and WSPR. The minor defect has been sorted correcting the timestamp for uploads. But the basic lack of processing power turned out to be down to the choice of linux implementation. I had used a Debian Wheezy build based on armel which does not use the Floating Point processor which is available on the board, instead emulating it in software. I rebuilt based on an armhf (hf standing for Hard Float) version of Wheezy and all is well. I doubt that I could have started from here in the first place as this build was VERY light and I had to apt-get things I would not have heard of had I not used the first more generous build, although it was too slow. Well Raspberry Pi is intended to be educational. Here is my latest updated diary and installation guide.

      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/re.thornton/G3WKW/files/WSPR_RasPi_Setup2.html

      Bob
      G3WKW