Re: [wsjtgroup] Help installing PSK2k on my computers
- Wow, that worked! Thanks Dan. So the trick is to ignore the README file, and install as per below. I now am able to select the Sound Card that I use, and run PSK2K. I ran the MCR Test using the internal sound card and mic, then after the test competed, I disabled the internal card and was able to select the external sound card, and run PSK2K with no problem. Thanks again, Dan.73Bruce, KI7JA
I’d be glad to help. Installing PSK2K is a little tricky. You probably do not have things in the correct folder.
1) Unzip and install the MATLAB runtime first.
2) Unzip the MCR_Test and run it. It will not finish, but this builds some folders for you.
3) Go to your Windows explorer, and look at MyDocuments. You should see a MATLAB folder. Under this MATLAB folder you should see two sub folders. MCR_Test and PSK2K. If you do not see them, create them. (make sure they are directly under the MyDocuments/MATLAB/ folder.
4) Move the MCR_test files to the MYDocument/MATLAB/MCR_Test folder and run the MCR_Test program from there. If it runs to completion, you are good to go.
5) Unzip and move all of the files in the PSK2K download to the MyDocuments/MATLAB/PSK2K folder. Then create a short cut to run the PSK2K program from this location.
A number of PSK2K folks hang out on my chat room http://chat.n5tm.com and will be glad to help you with any issues.
From: Bruce Junkin [mailto:ki7ja@...]
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:00 PM
Subject: [wsjtgroup] Help installing PSK2k on my computers
I am seeking anyone that can help me get PSK2K installed on my Computers. When installing, I get a DOS window that comes up for a minute or so, then disappears before I can read what the screen shows, and does not finish installing. However, I find that there is a text document in a MATLAB folder in my C:\Documents folder with the following errors. I have done everything I know how to do to get this program installed with no results. This error happens whether I run the MCR Test or not. Any ideas? I appreciate any help.
p.s. One Computer is a Toshiba with 1.6 G dual core processor with 2 GB ram running Windows Vista home edition sp2
One computer is a Dell netbook running a 1.6 Atom processor with 1 GB Ram running Windows XP sp3
For Sound Cards, I currently use two SignaLink USB external sound cards for WSJT, one for 6M, and one for 2M. For the MCR Test, I used the internal sound card, because the audio out has to be looped back to the audio input during the test. The internal sound card is a Realtek High Definition card with a sample rate of 48 KHz on both computers.
Error in MCR_Test
message: Error using ==> wavread at 67
Cannot open file.
file: C:\MATLAB\MATLAB Compiler Runtime\v715\toolbox\matlab\audiovideo\wavread.m
Error in MCR_Test
message: Reference to non-existent field 'ao'.
9. Data Aquisition using Winsound OK: YES