Re: [FFMA] Southeast Grid Trips de K7BV

  • Lance Collister, W7GJ
    Message 1 of 5 , May 23, 2012
      Hi Dennis,

      We are SO EXCITED to hear that your health is heading upward and THRILLED to hear
      about your upcoming grid activation plans! PSE give some thought to having them take
      place during good days for 6m EME ;-)

      http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj/BestEMEDays.txt

      MNI TNX for all you do for the hobby and 6m, Dennis! GL and VY 73, Lance

      --
      Lance Collister, W7GJ
      (ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ)

      page (above)!
    • aa7vb@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , May 24, 2012
        GOOD thought, :Lance.  If for some reason it does not pan out AND I do not luck into good 2xEs to clean up the demand back there, I will FOR SURE plan an EME specific trip at another date soon after the Es season winds down - promise.

        Take care,
        Dennis K7BV

        In a message dated 5/23/2012 6:01:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, w7gj@... writes:
        Hi Dennis,

        We are SO EXCITED to hear that your health is heading upward and THRILLED to hear
        about your upcoming grid activation plans!  PSE give some thought to having them take
        place during good days for 6m EME ;-)

        http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj/BestEMEDays.txt

        MNI TNX for all you do for the hobby and 6m, Dennis!  GL and VY 73, Lance

        On 5/23/2012 7:05 PM, aa7vb@... wrote:

        > I will not be doing any serious out-of-country DXpeditions this summer - all the $$
        > is going into getting up a  190 foot rotating 55G tower holding a 6M array
        > consisting of six new 11 element 67' boom yagis designed for me by InnovAntennas.
        > I am now at the new Turkey, NC QTH in FM04.
        > Southeast Grid Trip:
        > FM13  I am planning at least two operations this summer
        > EL84  Planned for next summer via boat similar to the CM93 trip last summer.
        > FM26  Request received
        > I will be driving to a number of hamfests out here.  I will get Kevin's new Leader
        > Board list as soon as it is out and do route planning around that information.
        > Updates will appear here, of course.
        > Cannot wait to be on the air again - still cancer free and recovery coming along
        > just great!
        > 73
        > Dennis Motschenbacher K7BV

        --
        Lance Collister, W7GJ
        (ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ)
        P.O. Box 73
        Frenchtown, MT   59834-0073
        USA
        TEL: (406) 626-5728
        QTH: DN27ub
        Windows Messenger: W7GJ@...
        Skype: lanceW7GJ
        2m DXCC #11/6m DXCC #815

        Interested in 6m EME?  Ask me about subscribing to the Magic Band EME
        page (above)!

      • aa7vb@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , May 24, 2012
          Gedas,

          So good to hear from you.  I am working on getting 2m going and your remind put that thought back in my mind.  Will see what I can do for a rig and get to work on it.,

          73,
          Dennis K7BV

          In a message dated 5/23/2012 5:53:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, w8bya@... writes:
          Hi Dennis.  Very long time no hear !  WOW, what a setup !!!  Do you operate any 2m?  3 of those grids I need bad on 2m hi-hi.  73

          Gedas, W8BYA
          Gallery at http://gedas.cc

          Light travels faster than sound..

          Message 4 of 5 , May 24, 2012
            You da MAN, Dennis! MNI MNI TNX!!!

            That is about the only way that we up here in the PNW are likely to catch up with
            those rare grids back along the East Coast ;-) Double hop is rare but possible to
            that area - I have worked stations all around there before - but it is too rare to be
            able to rely on a short duration low power DXpedition there.

            And prop is especially rare to northern W1, where we very seldom have double hop Es
            openings. It is just a simple fact that most of the Es clouds over NA are below 45
            degrees latitude, which don't make a path to that part of the world for us. I would
            estimate that each summer I work 10 Florida stations for every W1 that comes in. I
            suspect that is the same problem that the W1 stations have with rare grids in the
            PNW, although I don't think there are so many rare grids around Seattle and Portland
            as there are in northern Maine, and I also don't think there are so many W1's
            collecting grids for FFMA....most of them have them have the enviable problem of
            being busy working EU, the Caribbean and SA on 6m!

            Good luck from down there, and I hope you can get at least SOMETHING up on 6m soon
            from your new QTH ;-) VY 73, Lance