The HP/CPQ 50V power supplies at Dayton...

  • Marshall-K5QE
    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2012
      Hello everyone.....I scored a big batch of the HP/CPQ 50V power supplies.  They are in the Dayton area right now.  I have commitments for all of them except for about 10.  I would really like to deliver those 10 to the "deserving" at Dayton, so I don't have to take them back home.

      These power supplies are perfect for the new solid state amplifiers, such as the M2 6M and 2M boxes and the homebrew amps made with the FreeScale transistors(and others).  They require 240VAC and are rated at 51.4V @57A.  Price is $35 each IF picked up at Dayton.  There is a little pot inside that will allow you to vary the output from about 50.6V to about 53.6V.  This pot is very difficult to find unless you know where it is located.  I do have a picture of where it is, so if you want to change the output of your supply, send me an email and I will send you the pic.

      SO, there are 10 of these left.  If anyone wants them, now is the time.  I will carry my cell phone while at Dayton(normally it stays home in a bucket in the china closet).  The number is 936-201-0970.  I am staying at the Dayton Grand Hotel(formerly the DoubleTree Dayton).  I will arrive in the afternoon on Thursday and depart very early Sunday morning.  If you are interested in one of these power supplies, please send me an email now and we can try to figure out the best meeting place/time.

      I really do NOT want to ship any of these things.  They weigh about 14lbs and the shipping costs ruin the price.  So, please get them while you have a chance.

      Thanks a lot...

      73 Marshall K5QE
      Phone is 409-787-3830 at the home shack if you want to talk....

    • Jon Pearl - W4ABC
      Message 2 of 2 , May 13, 2012
        Hi Marshall.

        Things look like they're proceeding nicely for June's operation.

        In an attempt to readily find Group 1 & 2 operating frequencies as well as the private packet network instructions, etc., I grabbed info from your past posts and placed them on a web page for me to make reference to before N0IRS gets to work building an official 2012 K5N page.  It's there for anyone to utilize if they need any fills.

        http://www.w4abc.com/K5N.html

        I've had the K5N page up in the past and it was found frequently in 'Google' searches so even if someone can't find the actual link, it's usually not too hard to find by searching for it.

        73,

        Jon Pearl - W4ABC