RE: [wsjtgroup] Loading a WAV file into WSJT V9.02

  • Barry Garratt
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 15, 2012

      Decodes okay for me too Pete

      18   -6  0.8    0  3 *      G3LTF DL9KR JO40          1   0

      Barry KS7DX

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 16, 2012
        Hi Pete,

        I think the mystery is solved. Your test file decodes in WSJT9 if and
        only if you have checked "Quick decode" on the Decode ==> JT65 sub-menu.

        Although JT65A has become popular on HF, the JT65 modes were designed
        for EME, where there is a 2.5 s propagation delay. In normal operation
        decoding starts at about t=52 s into the Rx minute, and the decoder
        looks for proper synchronization from about DT = -1 s to +5 s.

        The "Quick decode" option was added with terrestrial use in mind. With
        that option checked, decoding starte at t=48 s and the searched DT range
        is shifted a bit earlier.

        Your test file probably has the signal starting at t=0, right? Anywway,
        the decoder finds it at t=-1.2 s, just outside the acceptable range
        *unless* "Quick decode" is checked.

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT
      • el_supremo01
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 16, 2012
          Thanks very much Joe and all who tried out the file.

          73 de Pete VE5VA
        • Facility 406 DM09
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 26, 2012
            : I've uploaded one of my files (it's 1MB). It encodes the message "G3LTF
            DL9KR JO40":
            : http://members.shaw.ca/ve5va/jt65/jt65_sample.wav

            Sounds like an old radiosonde.

            Kurt