callsign.txt and signal reports and LOTW

  • Clair Dunn
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2004
      Many thanks to AA1YSN, K0XXX, K5RMG, N5SIX, and K9SQL -- this is a truly
      great group of hams here. Reason enough to get involved even if I wasn't
      nuts about these modes!!

      I also wanted to say that I sent a msg. to the LOTW folks and got the
      one back about the "data" mode and fired off another saying that I
      really didn't think it was enough. I got back this:

      Thanks Clair.

      you should continue to log the modes as you are, but remember that you
      are just using the mode mapping to help LoTW, so your log remains accurate.

      LoTW is designed mostly for awards purposes, and while we do want the
      data to be as useful as possible, at present there are no awards for the
      VHF and up bands that even distinguish among modes. A QSO on 2 meters
      in FN33 is all that is needed regardless of mode.

      After we get some of the awards pages up and running I'm sure we will
      add more mode recognition directly.

      73, Dave

      Anyway, I look forward to getting a proper antenna and an amp. Then
      you'll have another grid/state on the list!!

      Cheers, and thanks so much --

      Clair, W1CQD