Re: [wsjtgroup] callsign.txt

  • Lee Scott - AA1YN
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1 11:56 AM
      At 12:52 PM 3/1/2004 -0500, you wrote:
      >THanks to Tip, WA5UFH for his reply abt. callsign.txt. I was trying to
      >use it correctly. However, I don't remember where I got the file from.
      >So I tried a search and came up with this URL
      >
      >http://www.aa1yn.com/vhf/wsjtdownloadband.html
      >
      >I used this to create a text tile which I then copied into my WSJT
      >directory and all is now well. There are a number of places where one
      >may pick up this file, and apparentlly I managed to get one that didn't
      >work!!
      >
      >Also, I note that a number of active WSJT folks are NOT in the file.
      >You can insinuate yourself into the file at
      >
      >http://www.aa1yn.com

      Clair,

      You might be better of using this link:

      http://www.aa1yn.com/wsjt as it has the most complete WSJT callsign.txt
      file. The WSJT database needs to be incorporated into the VHF database as
      was my original intent but I do want to keep the WSJT section of my website
      intact. I was hoping to do it this last summer but other
      projects/responsibilities got in the way. When I do finally incorporate
      both, it should be seamless if you use the WSJT section. The Pingjockey
      site still has the correct link so this is the best place to remember where
      to find it.

      Best of luck with he meteors.
    • Bob Poortinga
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1 1:15 PM
        Lee Scott - AA1YN <yg-aa1yn@...> writes:

        > http://www.aa1yn.com/wsjt as it has the most complete WSJT callsign.txt
        > file. The WSJT database needs to be incorporated into the VHF database as
        > was my original intent but I do want to keep the WSJT section of my website
        > intact.

        I have merged the two CALLSIGN.TXT files along with the file at
        <http://hill195.home.mchsi.com/callsign.txt> and have attached it to
        this email. I have removed all entries without grids. The files I used
        are reasonably up to date but recent updates are not included.

        Use at your own risk, no guarantees of accuracy, other standard disclaimers
        apply.

        --
        Bob Poortinga K9SQL
        Bloomington, Indiana US
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4 11:26 AM
          Bob, Thanks for the callsign.txt file.  I am attaching it again with my corrected e-mail address and I have added W5LUA and grid to the file.

          73
          Mike, W5UC