callsign.txt

  • Clair Dunn
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2004
      THanks to Tip, WA5UFH for his reply abt. callsign.txt. I was trying to
      use it correctly. However, I don't remember where I got the file from.
      So I tried a search and came up with this URL

      http://www.aa1yn.com/vhf/wsjtdownloadband.html

      I used this to create a text tile which I then copied into my WSJT
      directory and all is now well. There are a number of places where one
      may pick up this file, and apparentlly I managed to get one that didn't
      work!!

      Also, I note that a number of active WSJT folks are NOT in the file.
      You can insinuate yourself into the file at

      http://www.aa1yn.com

      Hint.

      Cheers,
      Clair, W1CQD
    • Lee Scott - AA1YN
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2004
        At 12:52 PM 3/1/2004 -0500, you wrote:
        >THanks to Tip, WA5UFH for his reply abt. callsign.txt. I was trying to
        >use it correctly. However, I don't remember where I got the file from.
        >So I tried a search and came up with this URL
        >
        >http://www.aa1yn.com/vhf/wsjtdownloadband.html
        >
        >I used this to create a text tile which I then copied into my WSJT
        >directory and all is now well. There are a number of places where one
        >may pick up this file, and apparentlly I managed to get one that didn't
        >work!!
        >
        >Also, I note that a number of active WSJT folks are NOT in the file.
        >You can insinuate yourself into the file at
        >
        >http://www.aa1yn.com

        Clair,

        You might be better of using this link:

        http://www.aa1yn.com/wsjt as it has the most complete WSJT callsign.txt
        file. The WSJT database needs to be incorporated into the VHF database as
        was my original intent but I do want to keep the WSJT section of my website
        intact. I was hoping to do it this last summer but other
        projects/responsibilities got in the way. When I do finally incorporate
        both, it should be seamless if you use the WSJT section. The Pingjockey
        site still has the correct link so this is the best place to remember where
        to find it.

        Best of luck with he meteors.
      • Bob Poortinga
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2004
          Lee Scott - AA1YN <yg-aa1yn@...> writes:

          > http://www.aa1yn.com/wsjt as it has the most complete WSJT callsign.txt
          > file. The WSJT database needs to be incorporated into the VHF database as
          > was my original intent but I do want to keep the WSJT section of my website
          > intact.

          I have merged the two CALLSIGN.TXT files along with the file at
          <http://hill195.home.mchsi.com/callsign.txt> and have attached it to
          this email. I have removed all entries without grids. The files I used
          are reasonably up to date but recent updates are not included.

          Use at your own risk, no guarantees of accuracy, other standard disclaimers
          apply.

          --
          Bob Poortinga K9SQL
          Bloomington, Indiana US
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 2004
            Bob, Thanks for the callsign.txt file.  I am attaching it again with my corrected e-mail address and I have added W5LUA and grid to the file.

            73
            Mike, W5UC