RE: [wsjtgroup] clarification on signal reports requested

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29, 2004

      Clair you have described the use of the Look-Up button correctly.

      Enter the call in the To Radio Pane… (make sure it is entered correctly)

      Click on the Look Up Button… If the call is in the txt file it will enter the grid square for you automatically

      and the distance / bearing calculations are made.

      If the call in not in the txt file it will not return the grid square and I must be entered manually.

      If that does not work for you make sure the callsign.txt file is in the WSJT directory.

      GL

      Tip

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1 11:20 AM
        Hi Clair,

        If you are refering to what to place in the Signal Report of your
        log, I use the following.

        For FSK441, use the signal report generated by WSJT. It is the number
        under the "Rpt" where it shows the decoded text. The 1st number is
        generated from the duration of the ping and the second, from the
        strength of the ping.

        For JT44, I use the dB of the received signal.

        I have not had the opportunity to use any of the other modes yet.

        Drop me a note if I can help with anything or if this isn't what your
        were looking for.

        Mark, KØXXX
        EM46ff