Re: [wsjtgroup] Winter Rally Logs Due.

  • Bill VanAlstyne W5WVO
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 18, 2012
      OMG, this is really pathetic!!! By not sending in your logs, you are telling the Super Sevens MS group who sponsors this contest that you aren’t interested in having it continue. Is that the message you want to send? Because that is the message that will be received. It also means that all those guys who DID send in their logs get unfairly short-changed because the actual level of competition they faced isn’t represented. What does “winning” a time zone mean if there were only two or three other guys in that zone who sent in their logs? Maybe NO other guys in the same power category as you? Personally, it makes me feel like I wasted my time. Yes, it was fun running the contest, but part of contesting is the competition, and that is only reflected accurately when participants send in their logs.

      I really love this contest, and I think the new rules set is the best we’ve ever had. I don’t want this contest to go away. PLEASE take advantage of these last couple days and get your logs in to Jim ASAP!!

      Many thanks and 73,
      Bill W5WVO

      Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 22:28
      To: WSJT
      Subject: [wsjtgroup] Winter Rally Logs Due.

      Hello Everyone, This is just a gentle reminder that logs for the 2011 Winter Rally should be submitted by January 19th, 2012. Please send your log and summary to me at kennedyjp@.... As to date I have received logs from the following stations. I know there were more stations that operated than what is represented here. Last year I received 41 logs.

      VE1SKY Atlantic Time Zone
      N0LWF    CST
      W7OJT    PST
      W5WVO    MST